Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bead87

Bead87

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

I just did an eset scan that took an hour and a half. It showed that I had 2 infected files in my sons profile listed as "HTML/Iframe.B.Gen" virus. it says that it is in his mozilla data. Is this real, or a false positive? I am running Kapersky and it didn't throw up any red flags yet. HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

Hello, ESET is very accurate,but not flawless.
ESET Short description
HTML/Iframe.B.Gen is generic detection of malicious IFRAME tags embedded in HTML pages, which redirect the browser to a specific URL location with malicious software

The <iframe> tag specifies an inline frame.

An inline frame is used to embed another document within the current HTML document.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To see if this is possibly a False positive. We should double check it before we take action.

Lets' upload this file for a second opinion on what it actually is..

Please make sure that you can view all hidden files. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:
How to see hidden files in Windows

Please click this link-->Jotti

When the jotti page has finished loading, click the Browse button and navigate to the following file and click Submit.
<filepath>suspect.file

Please post back the results of the scan in your next post.

If Jotti is busy, try the same at Virustotal: http://www.virustotal.com/

NOTE:
For submission to a specific anti-virus vendor see Submitting Virus Samples: How to Submit a Virus.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#3 Bead87

Bead87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

I uploaded both file paths that eset flagged. Out of the 20 scanners, only eset detected that malware. I hope that this means they are both false positives.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,683 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

Yes,if only one flags it its an FP. You should submit it to them so they can fix their database and it will work for all. See the NOTE in post 2,thanks.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....

#5 Bead87

Bead87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

Thank you very much! You are awesome! I will send it to eset ASAP.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,683 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

Thank you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users