Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Check Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Breebrat

Breebrat

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

So glad to have found this site!

My husbands comp has been acting up. Today there was this scan that was running on it and it looked strange, I killed it and loaded SuperAntiSpyware on his system and ran it. One of the main things was this System Check Virus and way too many things were found.

I tried to follow the step by step instrutcions on the preperation guide and got to stage #6, but it will not run the full dds script. It stops about 3/4 of the way and just sits. I tried it several times and rebooting. I have to pull the file off a thumb drive from a clean computer as I can't access internet from his computer.

He is running WindowsXp Pro 64bit.

I was able to get all the icons restored, which went missing, however, there is still nothing in the start menu under programs. I tried installing Firefox (he was using another web browser), and I kept getting ieplorer message as there is no access to the internet. However, I can see that there is a connection and an IP addy (hmm going to pull the ethernet cord now that I think of it!)

I am not sure what to do from here other then reinstalling windows (of course he can't find the disk!). Some days I tell ya...

Any help would be much appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,855 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

Hello lets first try this and see if we can get it.

Please follow our Removal Guide here Remove System Check (Uninstall Guide) .
After reading how the malware is misleading you ...
You will move to the Automated Removal Instructions

After you completed that, post your scan log here,let me know how things are.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Also the other tool log.. A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users