Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I backup Windows Media Player12 song lists in the Music folder?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 M332

M332

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

This way I could import them to WMP if something goes wrong. I'm not talking about my songs as I have them backed up already. I'm also not talking about the Playlists folder. I'm asking if I can backup the music lists that show in the Music folder that shows the Artist, Album, Genre categories in it, which is listed under the Playlists folder.

The reason I'm asking is because when I have transferred my backed up songs from my old pc's to new one's then WMP finds them automatically and lists them differently than how I had them where it takes me a long time to manually sort the lists and move each song into the lists where I want them. I do not want the auto find function disabled since it would take me much longer to add all of my music to WMP manually than to sort out the misplaced songs.

I'm hoping there's a way to save my customized WMP Music folder lists that are currently on my pc where I could either import them into WMP on this pc if something went wrong, or import them into WMP on my next pc so I won't have to do all of this manual song swapping to other WMP music lists.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M332

M332
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

After much searching I found that there is a program that will backup and restore WMP music libraries so you will not lose all your info and customized listings of music in WMP. It's very simple and easy to use. So I came here to answer my own question in case it may help someone else here.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/metadatabackup/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users