Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Could not create file mapping object 5 message

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Miroku16

Miroku16

• Members
  • 240 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Okay, so today I opened up my internet explorer browser and it popped up an unusual message before it loaded up the homepage that i have never seen before. It was titled MViz, and the message read: Could not create file mapping object (5)." I would x out the message and it would load up the designated home page as normal. Then, I opened a new tab and it said the message again, I x it out, and I can use it. But then, it I have at least two tabs open, it won't pop up the message. Weird. I don't know what this message is about. I googled it and one site linked it to a possible virus. I ran a quickscan with MBAM, and it picked up nothing. So, I came here to be safe into checking out what it is and if it is malware, then get help before this problem progresses. Please let me know what the deal is behind this message and the precautions to take for this. Thanks.

Operating system: Windows 7 (home) 64-bit

*note* the message doesnt come up when I run the firefox web browser.

Edited by Miroku16, 11 February 2012 - 11:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,333 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Hello, I do not believe its an infection. I'll offer two suggestions. If these do not help,start a new topic in WIn7.

Run TFC by OT (Temp File Cleaner)
Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link

Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.

Reset the internet explorer 9 settings and then check if that works.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings-in-Internet-Explorer-9

Edited by boopme, 13 February 2012 - 10:55 AM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#3 Miroku16

Miroku16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 240 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

I see. The strangest thing is when I accidently turned my computer off and turned it back on, I went on the browser and it did not pop up the message when I opened the browser or tabs. Should I still follow throught these steps as directed?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,333 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

If all is apparently OK,then just clear the Temp files.

Edited by boopme, 14 February 2012 - 08:25 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#5 Miroku16

Miroku16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 240 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

Okay. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users