Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Camera Drivers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SeaCreature63

SeaCreature63

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

Hi I have not posted here before,
I have to know something about computers to do accounting (please don't hold that against me).

A few weeks ago, I upgraded my system to Windows 7 - for many reasons. I have an inexpensive Argus Bean "Sprout" camera, and the small CD that came with it did not have drivers for Windows 7 (it was not out yet). What a nightmare!!! www.drivermanager.com would not even let me search after visting their sight and wanted $30 for something I do not need, what's worse is that it took over 8 hours to figure out why Norton Symantec PC thing kept uploading itself and turning itself on.

Am I the only person hit by this?

Is there any way to get the driver for Windows 7 for this cute, little camera I really love?

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,010 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

small CD

This small cd is the driver for your webcam regardless of any operating system.

what's worse is that it took over 8 hours to figure out why Norton Symantec PC thing kept uploading itself and turning itself on.

If its updating its normal unless you expound more on some messages being shown as I do not use Norton. Is it a trial version?

Tekken

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 43,505 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

As a former accountant (many years ago), you have my sympathies :).

As for the camera drivers...if the Argus website doesn't provide them...you are probably out of luck.

http://www.arguscamera.com/support/

Since Win 7 has been used for a few years now, you have taken away the alibi from them :).

Louis

#4 SeaCreature63

SeaCreature63
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hey Sir,

Thank you for the link.

I tried the site, but last date on it is 2009 - and I am thinking it is not compatable with Windows 7. I have adobe and nothing would open. So if I can't figure a work around, I will just have to use my phone and my Samsung New PC Studio I uploaded yesterday.

It makes me sad because I really like the clip on camera - I don't take many pix, so not a huge loss.

Maren

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R. I. T.S. (and proud of it)

• Global Moderator
  • 9,524 posts
  •  
  • Location:Tuscaloosa, Alabama. No, I am not an Alabama fan. WAR EAGLE!!!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

There is another route you can take if you have an SD card in your camera. It's simple, easy, very cost effective and does not involve camera software or drivers.

Purchase a USB card reader. Here is an example of one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820717001. You can probably find them at Best Buy, Radio Shack, and Office Depot.

I used one for years because I did not like the way my camera software took over my computer.

Insert the USB reader into a USB port, remove the card from your camera, put card in the USB reader. Transfer pics/videos to your computer.

If you have a desktop and room for expansion you could also install an internal card reader. That's what I use now and will never have a computer without one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users