How to Add a Password to a User Account in Windows XP
The purpose of this guide is to teach you how to add a password to a user account for enhanced security.
- No tools needed.
- Click 'start' in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.
- Click 'control panel'.
- Click on the 'user accounts' icon.
- An area at the bottom of the screen will display the current user accounts that are set-up.
- Click on the account of which you wish to add the password.
- Click 'Create a new password' to assign a password to the account.
- Under 'type a new password' - enter the password you wish to use.
- Under the confirmation box retype the password.
- You can add a password hint to help those forgetful users! Simply add a subtle hint in the input field.
- Click 'Create password'.