Inserting Text Using Irfanview
The purpose of this guide is to teach you how to insert text into an image, using Irfanview.
A short Flash presentation is available for viewing. I suggest you watch the presentation first, as this will give you an idea of what this Tutorial will cover.
The written Tutorial, will give you a bit more detail about inserting text, into an image.
Inserting Text Video
- Open Irfanview, and click on File, in the Toolbar, and select Open.
- In the box that opens, navigate to the image you want to insert text into, and select it (single Left click).
Now click on the Open button.
This will open the image in the Irfanview window.
- Next, you need to draw a Selection box, where you will want the text to be located.
Place your cursor where you want the top left corner of the box to be, hold down the left mouse button, which will change the cursor to a big "+" sign, and drag diagonally, downward and to the right.
This will draw the Selection box.
More on manipulating the Selection box, can be found in this tutorial, under Step 3:
Basic Cropping Using Irfanview
- Once the Selection box the way you want it, go to the tool bar at the top, click Edit, and select Insert text into selection...
This will open the Add overlay text to image box.
- In the Text: window, type in the text desired.
- If you want the text to have a transparent background, put a check next to Text is transparent.
- If you want a colored background for your text, uncheck Text is transparent, and click the Set background color button.
This will open the Color selection box.
Make your selection, then click the OK button.
- Next, click the Choose Font button.
This will open the Font window.
Here you can choose the Font:, Font Style:, Size:, Effects, Color:, and Script: you want to use.
Just play around with them until you find something you like.
Your can preview what your selections will look like, by looking in the Sample box.
Once you have made your selections, click the OK button.
- The next step, is to pick the Text alignment.
This will align the text, in the Selection box.
Choose either the Left side of the box, the Center, or the Right side.
- Once you have verified that everything is the way you want it, click the OK button.
This will insert the chosen text, into the Selection box.
Click anywhere outside of the selection box, to remove the box, which will leave only the text.
- Save the image.