Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Membership Descriptions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RevGAM

RevGAM

• Members
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

FYI: I may be too sleepy but it seems like Security Associates, Staff Emeritus and probably something else (is there a category for company reps?) don't seem to be listed in the Bleeping Computer Membership Descriptions

Glenn

Namaste, Peace & Love,
Glenn

If I have frustrated you, then I must be a student. If I've imparted information or a skill to you, then I must be a teacher. If I've helped you, then I must be a volunteer. If I've touched your life, then I must be happy!
If you had to choose between saving just your family, or saving 10,000 GOOD people (but not your family), what would you choose?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

I would suspect because these are not "normal" member titles, but are made specifically for a certain occasion. For example, if we have a security consultant from mcafee on the forums offering advice they might give him the title mcafee representative or something similar to show that they are who they say they are, (instead of just another member) yet not a member of the staff. That would be my guess though dont really know for sure. . .
Posted Image
Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: ASUS ATI 4890 and a Saphire 4890 in Crossfire, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte 4550, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 550 watt modular PSU, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate.
If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 28,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

Yes they are missing and thats by design. Authorized 'Company Name' Rep is self explanatory. As the_patriot11 stated the other two are exceptions to normal member groups. Staff Emeritus means they are no longer with us, there are only two(currently) and no longer post. Security Associates are members who participate in a different capacity than the regular forum members.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

raybcuserbar.jpg

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users