Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I disable EA/Origin setup prompt on startup?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 audiodrome

audiodrome

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

My daughter has Sims 3 Deluxe installed on the family computer along with EA Download Manager. Now, every time I boot up the PC I get a prompt to install and setup Origin.
I always just hit "cancel" but I would rather have it go away for good. How do I keep this window from popping up on startup?

Thanks!

Edited by audiodrome, 18 January 2012 - 10:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

No installation required.

Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.

Go File>Save, and save it as AutoRuns.txt file to know location.

You must select Text from drop-down menu as a file type:

Posted Image

Attach the file to your next reply.

Compliments of Broni

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

To disable Origin from auto-launching at the startup of Windows, please login to the application.

Next, click the gear at the top of the screen and choose Settings. From the screen that appears next, please scroll down and you will see a checkbox that says "Automatically start Origin when logging in to Windows".

Remove the check from the box and Origin will not auto-launch when Windows boots up.
Posted Image
Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: ASUS ATI 4890 and a Saphire 4890 in Crossfire, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte 4550, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 550 watt modular PSU, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate.
If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 Abseil

Abseil

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:42 AM

This is why it's pestering you. If she uses an EA account, now she'll use origin instead. Same login

The name of your EA account has changed. Going forward, your EA account will be called an Origin™ account. Your login and password are the same, and all EA account information is in your Origin account.

Origin is EA's new gaming platform where you can find, purchase and download all the best content from EA. It's your digital playground for EA games and exclusive content.

What you need to know about Origin:

• Your EA account is now called an Origin account.

Your login and password are the same, and all EA account information is in your Origin account.

• Origin is the new name of the EA Store™.

Browse and purchase EA titles quickly and easily, with exclusive pre-order offers.

• The EA Download Manager is also now called Origin.

Use it to download and play PC games from anywhere in the world.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users