Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 romanexile

romanexile

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:11 PM

The W. Media Player had previously worked fine, but after trying to use it I received this message:

The file wmploc.dll has a version number of 12.0.7601.17514 where 12.0.7600.16667 was expected.
Windows Media Player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled.
Do you want to install the Player from the MS Web site?

That installation attempt failed, producing this message:

Message ID: 1601

Microsoft Windows Installer could not be accessed. Contact your support personnel to verify that Windows Installer is registered correctly, or follow the instructions here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555175)

I tried doing this, but it yielded no results:

You may use the below provided steps and check if these assist you resolve the issue -
a. Reboot your system.
b. Open cmd.exe as an administrator by selecting Start/All Programs/Accessories.
c. Right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
d. Type in
unregmp2.exe /UpdateWMPVersion
e. Press enter and check.

Now what?!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 romanexile

romanexile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

Addendum: I ran the Microsoft Fix It program (listed in the hotlink above) but that did not resolve the problem.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 40,835 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:31 AM

Worth a look, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-sound/how-can-i-change-my-media-players-version-number/c7a6457c-2350-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5?msgId=b0ac6903-873b-43ca-a897-4b6a2f6230f2

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users