Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mediashifting.com

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kabars

kabars

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:54 PM

can't get to remove mediashifting.com from my pc windows vista home 32bit thanks kabars

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 32,776 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

Before doing anything further, if you have not already done so, you should back up all your important documents, personal data files and photos to a CD or DVD drive as some infections may render your computer unbootable during or before the disinfection process. If that occurs there may be no option but to reformat and reinstall the OS or perform a full system recovery. The safest practice is not to backup any files with the following file extensions: exe, .scr, .ini, .htm, .html, .php, .asp, .xml, .zip, .rar, .cab as they may be infected.

Please follow these instructions: How to remove Google Redirects or the TDSS, TDL3, Alureon rootkit using TDSSKiller
  • Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • If an update is available, TDSSKiller will prompt you to update and download the most current version. Click Load Update. Close TDSSKiller and start again.
  • When the program opens, click the Change parameters.
  • Check the boxes beside Verify Driver Digital Signature and Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.
  • Click the Start Scan button.
  • Do not use the computer during the scan
  • If 'Suspicious objects' are detected, the default action will be Skip. Leave the default set to Skip and click on Continue.
  • If Malicious objects are detected, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.

Posted Image

• Ensure Cure is selected...then click Continue -> Reboot computer for cure completion.
  • Important! -> If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead. Do not choose Delete unless instructed.
  • A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

-- If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to these instructions. In some cases it may be necessary to redownload TDSSKiller and randomly rename it to something else before beginning the download and saving to the computer or to perform the scan in "safe mode".

-- For any files detected as 'Suspicious' (except those identified as Forged to be cured after reboot) get a second opinion by submitting to Jotti's virusscan or VirusTotal. In the "File to Scan" (Upload or Submit) box, browse to the location of the suspicious file(s) and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis. If you get a message saying "File has already been analyzed", click Reanalyze or Scan again.

Step 7 instructs you to scan your computer using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
  • Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.
  • Don't forget to check for database definition updates through the program's interface (preferable method) before scanning.
Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • After completing the scan, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab .
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
  • Exit Malwarebytes when done.
Note: If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.

Note: Some infections will alter the Proxy settings in Internet Explorer which can cause redirects and affect your ability to browse, update or download tools required for disinfection. If you are experiencing such problems, check those settings. To do that, please refer to Steps 4-7 under the section Automated Removal Instructions in this guide. If using FireFox, refer to these instructions to check and configure Proxy Settings under Advanced Options > Network tab > Connection Settings.
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2007-2014 MVP.gif

Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#3 w8938

w8938

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hello there !

I'm totally new on this website !
My computer is victim of mediashifting, and some malwares regularly try to enter my system.
A friend of mine advised me to follow the instructions above, so I did !
After downloading TDSSKiller, and running it, I found nothing : no suspicious neither malicious objects....

What must I do ?

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 32,776 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

Welcome to BC

If you have an issue or problem you would like to discuss, please start your own topic. Doing that will help to avoid the confusion that often occurs when trying to help two or more members at the same time in the same thread. Even if your problem is similar to the original poster's problem, the solution could be different based on the kind of hardware, software, system requirements, etc. you are using and the presence of other malware. Further, posting for assistance in someone else's topic is not considered proper forum etiquette.

Thanks for your cooperation.
The BC Staff

#5 w8938

w8938

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:13 AM

Sorry for that, the topic seemed to be abandoned...

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 32,776 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

No problem. You replied to a topic over a year old and the original poster never bothered to reply back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users