Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I believe I am infected

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 34,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

Looks good :)

How is computer doing?

Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC)
Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer.

=============================================================================

Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner

• Disable your antivirus program
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use
  • Click Start
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Check Scan archives
  • Click Start
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click on List of found threats
  • Click on Export to text file , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
    NOTE. If Eset doesn't find any threats it'll NOT produce any log.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 mrallyn

mrallyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

It is running good. Thank you. One thing though, my Titanium software is flagging everything as dangerous. I've bypassed all the blocks and will post the logs.

#18 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 34,331 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

Flagging my tools?
If so post in their forum and let them know.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#19 mrallyn

mrallyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

when I clicked Temp File Cleaner (TFC)

http://127.0.0.1:37848/continue?TiCredToken=29167&Source=WTP&URL=http%3A%2F%2Foldtimer.geekstogo.com%2FTFC.exe

Trend Micro has confirmed that this website can transmit malicious software or has been in volved in online scams or fraud

Close this window
Still want to open this page, despite the risk

So I clicked still want to open this page... and internet explorer blocked the page and close.

I have to click on the other links to get the addresses that Titanium is flagging. It takes a while for me get back to bleeping computer because each time I complete a task... IE close/shuts down 3 to 5 times before it will connect. When i type bleeping computer in the address bar... it will go to bleeping computer:

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience... send error report or don't send... i click dont send and IE closes everything and I have to start over

#20 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 34,331 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

All downloads are perfectly safe.
I suggest you disable Trend temporarily.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#21 mrallyn

mrallyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:30 AM

Thank you very much for you help. One last question... is there a place I can go to get a recovery disc for my laptop? It is very old - Acer 3620. It is running slower than ever now and my wireless connection is unstable. I have the disc sets but my driver cd (1) is cracked and won't work. I tried to get it from Acer but they discontinued selling the cds. I want to just wipe everything off and reload everything again, I prefer doing that instead of fix up and patch. let me know if you can.

#22 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 34,331 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

If Acer doesn't have it your only option would be to buy Windows disk.
Unless it has recovery partition: http://www.ehow.com/how_4478845_restore-acer-computer-factory-settings.html

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users