Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PDF to EPUB format

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dpawlaczyk

dpawlaczyk

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:25 AM

Does anyone know of a good way to convert a PDF book or document to an EPUB format so that I can read it on the Nook Color? I know the Nook Color reads the PDF format, but I would like to be able to use the features that the EPUB format provides. I have used calibre to convert PDF's to EPUB, but a lot of the pages have formatting issues and in some cases it is very difficult to read. I have a lot of technical manuals in PDF format and I would like to load them into my Nook Color.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stiltskin

stiltskin

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

http://www.epub2go.com/Web/default.aspx

Never used it. Found it via google.

#3 -KFS

-KFS

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:21 PM

You may also want to check out Calibre. I use ut to convert .mobi's to Epub for my Nook.

#4 joggiwagga

joggiwagga

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:11 PM

it is also possible to use Calibre to remove the restrictions keeping you from putting an ebook purchased with conflicting DRM onto whatever ereader you use, but it takes a few steps to configure that. There are however easily found instructions on it.

#5 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

From your description of your progress so far -- converting the PDF to Epub but having formatting issues and not having access to all of Epub's features -- is probably as far as you're likely to get without substantial human effort.

If you want in-depth information on format conversions, etc., and advice from people who do a lot of this, you might consider joining the forums at Mobileread. (I'm not trying to "pass you off," and hope this sort of referral doesn't run afoul of Bleeping Computer.)

After introducing yourself, check out the forums on E-Book Software and E-Book Formats, especially the Workshop section. People over there tend to be knowledgeable and helpful. If there are tools or procedures to automate this process there's a good chance someone over there knows about it.

(Disclaimer: I've been a member over there for more than a year but I have no connection to or interest in the site.)

#6 graphicsman

graphicsman

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

I build epubs every day and there is not a tool out there that will build a quality, accurate, or valid epub. So far the only thing Ive seen come close is Adobe inDesign but that still has issues. You would need to use inDesign CS4 and higher for it to work. Calibre is a horrible tool to use. If you can code this is a standard area were many learn how to build epubs. You need anything hit me up and Ill try to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users