How to Add an Attachment to an Email in AOL
This guide will explain how to attach a file to an email in AOL.
- Open AOL and sign in using your screen name and password.
- When the homepage loads, click on the 'write' button at the top of the window.
- A window will open, which is the main body for writing an email. In the bottom left hand side of the screen, look for the 'Attach File' button and click on it:
- A new window will open, which will consist of the 'Explorer' for your system. You simply need to navigate to the file you would like to send as an attachment. Left click on the file you wish to send (red arrow) and then click 'Open' (blue arrow).
- You will return to the main email screen. In the bottom left hand corner you should have a small icon showing the attached file:
- After you have typed the email address of the person you wish to send the email to, and after you have written the text you wish to send with it, click 'Send' in the top right corner:
- The file you attached will then upload from your computer, so it can be transferred to the recipient of the email:
- The email will automatically send after the file has been transferred. If you have your sound on, you will hear a confirmation of this.