Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remove PC Optimizer Pro

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 la negra719

la negra719

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

I'm having the same issue. I tried downloading the Revo Uninstaller Pro to get rid of the PC Optimizer but I can't find it now. I really don't know much about this stuff and need a little help! Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:11 AM

Do you still have the startup error?

Download

Autoruns

Extract and launch autoruns.exe

Allow the scan to get finished

Now click on FILE-SAVE

Filename:Autoruns.txt
Save as :Text

Paste the text contents here

good luck

#18 wildchild1609

wildchild1609

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

I attempted to uninstall Optimizer Pro but then after rebooting I was still getting the pop up message about my pc being infected. When I attempted to uninstall the program again, I received this message: File "C/:ProgramFiles/Optimizer Pro/unins000.dat" does not exist cannot uninstall.

Thank you for the suggestion of Revo. It successfully found all the bits needed to remove the entire Optimizer Pro program. :thumbsup:

Edited by wildchild1609, 25 August 2012 - 06:28 AM.

#19 rwbroers

rwbroers

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

@boopme

I found most of the stuff you listed in the registry and removed same.

I also found the following and cannot remove them as windows security system will not let me. Got any ideas on how to get rid of these two entries.

Registry Key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\CompatibilityAdapter\Signatures

Listings:
PC Optimizer Pro startups.job REG_BINARY

PC Optimizer Pro startups.job.fp REG_DWORD

Error message as follows:
Unable to delete all values.

#20 noknojon

noknojon

Almost Retired

• Members
  • 9,860 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

Try reinstalling it and then run Revo

Reboot when done.

Make sure you follow the directions from boopme on "How to use REVO" http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic431108.html/page__view__findpost__p__2717899

#21 lagyford

lagyford

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Hello

I uninstalled pc optomizer pro using the uninstall function (Windows 7) and it appeared to work but the next time I tried to boot up the computer is would not boot up. I tried a repair - it didnt work, I have now restored to a previous point but obviously optimizer pro is still there.  

I have just found this site - I wish I had looked before trying to uninstall it!

Should I try the removal tool that you have suggested or is it just going to do the same thing?  I have an HP touch smart and am running windows 7.

I have limited technical understanding.  I do have a back-up from a few months ago on an external hard drive.

#22 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Better we get a deeper look and find all the fies it has corrupted.

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.

Let me know if all went well.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#23 Stormy5

Stormy5

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

Hi There,

I am having the same problem - I am running windows 8 - Optimizer Pro - I have uninstalled it and it no longer shows up in my programs, I downloaded Revo, and it does not show up there either. However, it shows up upon startup.You had suggested to others to reinstall it.  Do you mean we should reinstall Optimizer pro? I am not sure how to do this?  Can you guide me?  Thank you - I am really anxious to get this off of my computer.

#24 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,323 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

Hello Stormy,

a) Press Windows key + R, to open the run command box
B) Type “msconfig” and press enter.

c) Look for any Optimizer iems and disable them there.

OR

Back up your registry.
You may heed ti run as admininistrator,

Backing Up Your Registry

• Go Here and download ERUNT
    (ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.)
  • Install ERUNT by following the prompts
    (use the default install settings but say no to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the start-up folder, if you like you can enable this option later)
  • Start ERUNT
    (either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup)
  • Choose a location for the backup
    (the default location is C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT which is acceptable).
  • Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are ticked
  • Press OK
  • Press YES to create the folder.

Registry Modifications

For more information about modifying the registry, see this Microsoft article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/256986

Clean the registry files:

1.Click "start" >run >Enter "regedit' >Ok.

2. Open HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{EB5A3A22-ECA7-4 remove the key which include PCOptProCtxMenu.

3. Remove HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\PCOptimizerPro

4. Remove HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Win Menu2\Programs\PC Optimizer Pro

5. Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Win the key name which include PCOptimizerPro.exe, for example, name:d:\Program Files\PC Optimizer Pro\PCOptimizerPro.exe,

6. Remove HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PC Optimizer Pro

Borrowed from Paul

Edited by boopme, 10 April 2013 - 07:54 PM.

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....

#25 Paul Tersteege

Paul Tersteege

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

After mucking around and surfing the web, I contacted the company directly.  Their suggestion was easy.  Possibly this advice may be of help to others.   Uninstall Optimizer Pro

Dec 10 23:44

I wish to uninstall your program because it is adversely affecting the use of my computer.

I cannot uninstall the program via the Control Panel as I keep getting the following message:

Error
Messages files "C:\Program Files (x86)\Optimizer Pro\unins000.msg" is missing. Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program.

I have tried downloading the program again; however, that fails to help.

Suggestions?

Comments

Mark, PC Utilities Pro Support Team

PCUtilitiesPro

December 11, 2013 09:11

Thank you for reaching out.

Please go into the file where the "unins000.msg" file is supposed to be. Once you find it, there should be an .exe named "unins000.exe". Right-click on the .exe and rename it to "unins000.msg".
After that, uninstall the software manually, Go to Start menu>Programs folder and you will find Optimizer Pro/Driver Pro/LiveSupport. Click on Uninstall Optimizer Pro/Driver Pro/LiveSupport. Or try with the other option for uninstall: Go to Control panel>Programs and features, find Optimizer Pro/Driver Pro/LiveSupport and double click on it.

Please write back in case you need further assistance.

Kind regards,
PC Utilities Pro Support Team

#26 AGentlemanThief

AGentlemanThief

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

I have the issue where I have nearly all of Optimizer Pro off my computer, except for two files: OptProCrash.dll and OptProCrashSvc.dll. These two files cannot be deleted manually, detected by MBAM, or be deleted by S&D, even after a full scan after startup, for it says that 'access is denied'. Does anyone have knowledge of this? It must have been caused by a manual deletion of the rest of the program some time ago.

#27 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,323 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

Try using Malwarebytes FileASSASSIN

#28 NTGray

NTGray

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:28 PM

I tried Revo, but after I got it installed it didn't see Optimizer Pro so that didn't work. What's another way to get rid of OP? (Malwarebytes doesn't see it, and neither does AVG; Spybot Search & Destroy is seeing something apparently related but can't remove it).

Edited by NTGray, 17 September 2014 - 05:29 PM.

#29 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,323 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:00 PM

Then we need to get a deeper look.

Please follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.

#30 NTGray

NTGray

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

I went ahead and did a System Restore and it worked.

I sure don't know what Optimizer Pro is all about, but it was intolerable the way it kept popping up ad screens like popcorn. This approach actually works with some people?? Unbelievable!

Nathanael

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users