Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Antivirus 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 LJ77

LJ77

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

My desktop is infected with XP Antivirus 2012. It is blocking me from connecting to the internet as well as launching any program. When I try to laund a program a XP Antivirus 2012 screen appears. I booted the machine into safemode with no internest access and it still blocks me from running a copy of malewarebytes from a flashstick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

Hello,lets see if we can get logs like this....

Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.
Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.
Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.

Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking
How to enter safe mode(XP/Vista)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

>>>> Download this file and doubleclick on it to run it. Allow the information to be merged with the registry.

Run RKill....

Download and Run RKill
  • Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3
    Link 4

• Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
  • A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
  • If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply

Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.

If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.

Next run Superantisypware (SAS):

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
  • In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the Scanning Control tab.
  • Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
  • Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
  • Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.
If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.

Now reboot to Normal and run MBAM (MalwareBytes):

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
Download Link 1
Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
    For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#3 LJ77

LJ77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

Bad News. I was able to follow all the steps until we got the re-boot of Malewarebytes. A the system was rebooting, I got a blue screen error message:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop erro screen, restart your computer.If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. remover any newly installed hard drives or hd controllers.check your hd to make sure it is properly configurecd and terminated. Run CHKSD /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer

Technical information

***STOP: 0x00000007B (0xBA4BF524, 0xc0000034, 0x0000000, 0x000000 )

=============
While Malewarebytes was running, the virus reappears, but this time as a fake windows defender screen. I am sending this from my laptop as I was unable to collect the logs.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,409 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

Is the computer unbootable? As we can still fix this.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....

#5 LJ77

LJ77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

I can't get it to boot. When I power up the machine and press PF8, I get the page where I can select Safe mode with network and then shortly thereafter I get a blue screen with the message above.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,409 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

OK, I will ask someone to look here that handles this.. You will need access to a CD dive.

#7 LJ77

LJ77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

Hi Again - I found an option to reboot using last good known that worked. Here is the log from malewarebyte

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.2.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 8316

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13

12/5/2011 1:59:57 PM
mbam-log-2011-12-05 (13-59-57).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 175632
Time elapsed: 41 minute(s), 50 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 7

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\MozillaAgent (Trojan.Agent) -> Value: MozillaAgent -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\7413DFEA-23D5-AFD3-77D8-69BEDCC58125 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Value: 7413DFEA-23D5-AFD3-77D8-69BEDCC58125 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:
c:\program files\security defender (Rogue.SecurityDefender) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (Rootkit.0Access) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\larry walsh\local settings\Temp\735.8225.exe (Trojan.FakeAV) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\larry walsh\local settings\application data\ijg.exe (Trojan.FakeAV) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\Temp\_ex-68.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop\security defender.lnk (Rogue.SecurityDefender) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\security defender\security defender.ico (Rogue.SecurityDefender) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\security defender\security defender.dll (Rogue.SecurityDefender) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,409 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

Can you reboot again as ome is needed.... c:\WINDOWS\Temp\_ex-68.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Delete on reboot.

Now I'd like to run these.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
  • Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on Posted Image to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check Posted Image and check Remove found threats
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push Posted Image
  • Push Posted Image, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Push Posted Image

NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.

#9 LJ77

LJ77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:19 AM

Contents of Result.txt from Minitoolbox

MiniToolBox by Farbar
Ran by Larry Walsh (administrator) on 06-12-2011 at 08:17:24
Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (X86)

========================= Flush DNS: ===================================

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

========================= IE Proxy Settings: ==============================

Proxy is not enabled.
No Proxy Server is set.

"Reset IE Proxy Settings": IE Proxy Settings were reset.
========================= Hosts content: =================================

::1 localhost

216.240.133.193 www.google-analytics.com.
216.240.133.193 ad-emea.doubleclick.net.
216.240.133.193 www.statcounter.com.
69.72.252.254 www.google-analytics.com.
69.72.252.254 ad-emea.doubleclick.net.
69.72.252.254 www.statcounter.com.

127.0.0.1 localhost

========================= IP Configuration: ================================

Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC = Local Area Connection (Connected)

# ----------------------------------
# Interface IP Configuration
pushd interface ip

# Interface IP Configuration for "Local Area Connection"

set address name="Local Area Connection" source=dhcp
set dns name="Local Area Connection" source=dhcp register=PRIMARY
set wins name="Local Area Connection" source=dhcp

popd
# End of interface IP configuration

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : processor

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : westell.com

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : westell.com

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-17-DB-32-91

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.42

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 8:11:44 AM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, December 07, 2011 8:11:44 AM

Server: dslrouter.westell.com
Address: 192.168.1.1

Name: google.com
Addresses: 74.125.226.209, 74.125.226.210, 74.125.226.211, 74.125.226.208

Pinging google.com [74.125.226.212] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 74.125.226.212: bytes=32 time=21ms TTL=55

Reply from 74.125.226.212: bytes=32 time=20ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 74.125.226.212:

Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 20ms, Maximum = 21ms, Average = 20ms

Name: yahoo.com
Addresses: 98.137.149.56, 98.139.180.149, 209.191.122.70, 72.30.2.43

Pinging yahoo.com [72.30.2.43] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 72.30.2.43: bytes=32 time=114ms TTL=57

Reply from 72.30.2.43: bytes=32 time=114ms TTL=57

Ping statistics for 72.30.2.43:

Minimum = 114ms, Maximum = 114ms, Average = 114ms

Name: bleepingcomputer.com
Address: 208.43.87.2

Pinging bleepingcomputer.com [208.43.87.2] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 208.43.87.2: Destination host unreachable.

Ping statistics for 208.43.87.2:

Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:

===========================================================================
Interface List
0x1 ........................... MS TCP Loopback interface
0x2 ...00 16 17 db 32 91 ...... Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport
Active Routes:
Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.42 20
127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 1
192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.42 192.168.1.42 20
192.168.1.42 255.255.255.255 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 20
192.168.1.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.42 192.168.1.42 20
206.65.163.130 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.42 20
224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 192.168.1.42 192.168.1.42 20
255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.42 192.168.1.42 1
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Persistent Routes:
None
========================= Winsock entries =====================================

Catalog5 01 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog5 02 C:\Windows\System32\winrnr.dll [16896] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 03 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 01 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 02 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 03 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 04 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 05 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 06 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 07 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 08 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 09 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 10 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 11 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (12/05/2011 06:44:21 PM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission) (User: )
Description: EventType mptelemetry, P1 80070424, P2 beginsearch, P3 search, P4 3.0.8402.0, P5 mpsigdwn.dll, P6 3.0.8402.0, P7 microsoft security essentials (edb4fa23-53b8-4afa-8c5d-99752cca7094), P8 NIL, P9 mptelemetry0, P10 mptelemetry1.

Error: (12/05/2011 06:31:36 PM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission) (User: )
Description: EventType avsubmit, P1 microsoft security essentials (edb4fa23-53b8-4afa-8c5d-99752cca7094), P2 1.1.7801.0, P3 1.115.2848.0, P4 1.115.2848.0, P5 0000055572ad0e0a_695e314562c3ba5bb668da63646df27fd6d83848, P6 NIL, P7 NIL, P8 NIL, P9 avsubmit0, P10 avsubmit1.

Error: (12/05/2011 05:29:16 PM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission) (User: )
Description: EventType mptelemetry, P1 80070424, P2 beginsearch, P3 search, P4 3.0.8402.0, P5 mpsigdwn.dll, P6 3.0.8402.0, P7 microsoft security essentials (edb4fa23-53b8-4afa-8c5d-99752cca7094), P8 NIL, P9 mptelemetry0, P10 mptelemetry1.

Error: (12/05/2011 01:24:28 PM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission) (User: )
Description: EventType avsubmit, P1 microsoft security essentials (edb4fa23-53b8-4afa-8c5d-99752cca7094), P2 1.1.7801.0, P3 1.115.2848.0, P4 1.115.2848.0, P5 0000055572ad0e0a_695e314562c3ba5bb668da63646df27fd6d83848, P6 NIL, P7 NIL, P8 NIL, P9 avsubmit0, P10 avsubmit1.

Error: (12/05/2011 01:06:18 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application ping.exe, version 5.1.2600.5512, faulting module icucnv36.dll, version 3.6.0.0, fault address 0x000013df.
Error in creating result PEAP-TLV in response to received PEAP-TLV (ping.exe!ld!)

Error: (12/05/2011 01:03:08 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application ping.exe, version 5.1.2600.5512, faulting module icucnv36.dll, version 3.6.0.0, fault address 0x000013df.
Processing media-specific event for [ping.exe!ws!]

Error: (12/05/2011 11:32:54 AM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission) (User: )

Error: (12/05/2011 09:00:54 AM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission) (User: )

Error: (12/04/2011 09:39:31 PM) (Source: crypt32) (User: )
Description: Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt> with error: This network connection does not exist.

Description: Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root certificate from: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/91C6D6EE3E8AC86384E548C299295C756C817B81.crt> with error: The connection with the server was terminated abnormally

System errors:
=============
Error: (12/06/2011 08:13:23 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Cdrom
Imapi

Error: (12/06/2011 08:12:06 AM) (Source: 0) (User: )
Description:

Error: (12/06/2011 08:12:06 AM) (Source: 0) (User: )
Description:

Error: (12/06/2011 07:48:00 AM) (Source: Schedule) (User: )
Description: The At16.job command failed to start due to the following error:
%%2147942402

Error: (12/06/2011 07:48:00 AM) (Source: Schedule) (User: )
Description: The At15.job command failed to start due to the following error:
%%2147942402

Error: (12/06/2011 06:48:00 AM) (Source: Schedule) (User: )
Description: The At14.job command failed to start due to the following error:
%%2147942402

Error: (12/06/2011 06:48:00 AM) (Source: Schedule) (User: )
Description: The At13.job command failed to start due to the following error:
%%2147942402

Error: (12/06/2011 05:48:00 AM) (Source: Schedule) (User: )
Description: The At12.job command failed to start due to the following error:
%%2147942402

Error: (12/06/2011 05:48:00 AM) (Source: Schedule) (User: )
Description: The At11.job command failed to start due to the following error:
%%2147942402

Error: (12/06/2011 04:48:00 AM) (Source: Schedule) (User: )
Description: The At9.job command failed to start due to the following error:
%%2147942402

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================
Error: (12/05/2011 06:44:21 PM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission)(User: )
Description: mptelemetry80070424beginsearchsearch3.0.8402.0mpsigdwn.dll3.0.8402.0microsoft security essentials (edb4fa23-53b8-4afa-8c5d-99752cca7094)NILNILNIL

Error: (12/05/2011 06:31:36 PM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission)(User: )
Description: avsubmitmicrosoft security essentials (edb4fa23-53b8-4afa-8c5d-99752cca7094)1.1.7801.01.115.2848.01.115.2848.00000055572ad0e0a_695e314562c3ba5bb668da63646df27fd6d83848NILNILNILNILNIL

Error: (12/05/2011 05:29:16 PM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission)(User: )
Description: mptelemetry80070424beginsearchsearch3.0.8402.0mpsigdwn.dll3.0.8402.0microsoft security essentials (edb4fa23-53b8-4afa-8c5d-99752cca7094)NILNILNIL

Error: (12/05/2011 01:24:28 PM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission)(User: )
Description: avsubmitmicrosoft security essentials (edb4fa23-53b8-4afa-8c5d-99752cca7094)1.1.7801.01.115.2848.01.115.2848.00000055572ad0e0a_695e314562c3ba5bb668da63646df27fd6d83848NILNILNILNILNIL

Error: (12/05/2011 01:06:18 PM) (Source: Application Error)(User: )
Description: ping.exe5.1.2600.5512icucnv36.dll3.6.0.0000013df

Error: (12/05/2011 01:03:08 PM) (Source: Application Error)(User: )

Error: (12/05/2011 11:32:54 AM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission)(User: )

Error: (12/05/2011 09:00:54 AM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission)(User: )

Error: (12/04/2011 09:39:31 PM) (Source: crypt32)(User: )
Description: http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txtThis network connection does not exist.

Description: http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/91C6D6EE3E8AC86384E548C299295C756C817B81.crtThe connection with the server was terminated abnormally

=========================== Installed Programs ============================

Acrobat.com (Version: 0.0.0)
Acrobat.com (Version: 1.1.377)
Adobe AIR (Version: 1.0.4990)
Adobe AIR (Version: 1.0.8.4990)
Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX (Version: 10.0.22.87)
Adobe Reader 9.3 (Version: 9.3.0)
Agere Systems PCI-SV92PP Soft Modem
ATI - Software Uninstall Utility (Version: 6.14.10.1014)
ATI Catalyst Control Center (Version: 1.2.2442.36724)
ATI Display Driver (Version: 8.30-060908a1-036948C-HP)
BIOS Tools
Crystal Reports 9 (Version: 1.00.0000)
Crystal Reports Basic Runtime for Visual Studio 2008 (Version: 10.5.1.0)
docuPrinter LT v6.1
docuPrinter SDK v6.1
EPSON WorkForce 500 Series Printer Uninstall
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer (Version: 1.0.0)
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer (Version: 7.2.2308.2056)
Google Update Helper (Version: 1.3.21.79)
hp LaserJet 1150 / 1300 (Version: 2.00.0000)
hp LaserJet 1160/1320 series (Version: 1.00.0000)
HP Product Detection (Version: 4.0.0013)
HP SetRefresh (Version: 1.2.1.3)
HP Software Update (Version: 2.0.38.20040107)
HPSSupply (Version: 2.2.0.0000)
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_19 (Version: 1.4.2_19)
Java™ 6 Update 17 (Version: 6.0.170)
LibTax 2006 (Version: 2006.0.42.359)
LibTax 2007 (Version: 2007.4.204.462)
LibTax 2008 (Version: 2008.0.0.176)
LibTax 2009 (Version: 2009.0.0.273)
LibTax 2010 (Version: 2010.0.0.259)
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.51.2.1300 (Version: 1.51.2.1300)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 (Version: 1.1.4322)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Security Update (KB2572067)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Security Update (KB979906)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 (Version: 2.2.30729)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 (Version: 3.2.30729)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Version: 3.5.30729)
Microsoft Antimalware (Version: 3.0.8402.2)
Microsoft Application Error Reporting (Version: 12.0.6012.5000)
Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs
Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
Microsoft Security Client (Version: 2.1.1116.0)
Microsoft Security Essentials (Version: 2.1.1116.0)
Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (LIBTAX) (Version: 9.4.5000.00)
Microsoft SQL Server Native Client (Version: 9.00.5000.00)
Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files (English) (Version: 9.00.5000.00)
Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer (Version: 9.00.5000.00)
Microsoft SQLXML 4.0 SP1 (Version: 10.0.1600.60)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Debug Redistributable (Version: 1.00.0000)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (Version: 8.0.61001)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 (Version: 9.0.30729)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 (Version: 9.0.30729.6161)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430) (Version: 4.20.9870.0)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688) (Version: 4.20.9876.0)
MSXML 6 Service Pack 2 (KB973686) (Version: 6.20.2003.0)
Online Check Printing (Version: 5.5.42.0)
PrintScreen (Version: 5.40.10.000)
REALTEK GbE & FE Ethernet PCI NIC Driver (Version: 1.02.0000)
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (Version: 5.10.0.5283)
ReportViewer (Version: 1.0.0.0)
SUPERAntiSpyware (Version: 5.0.1136)
TaxWise 2001
TaxWise 2001 WorkStation Setup
TaxWise 2003 (Version: 18.12.03)
TaxWise 2003 WorkStation Setup (Version: 1.00.000)
TaxWise 2004 (Version: 19.10.03)
TaxWise 2004 WorkStation Setup (Version: 19)
TaxWise 2005 (Version: 20.12.06)
TaxWise 2005 WorkStation (Version: 20)
TaxWise 2006 (Version: 21.11.07)
TaxWise 2006 WorkStation (Version: 21)
TaxWise 2007 (Version: 22.10.02)
TaxWise 2007 WorkStation (Version: 22)
TaxWise 2008 (Version: 23.00.20)
TaxWise 2008 WorkStation (Version: 23)
TaxWise to Drake Conversion 9.4.4 (Version: 9.4.4)
TaxWise Workstation (Version: 20)
TaxWise Workstation (Version: 21)
TaxWise Workstation (Version: 22)
TaxWise Workstation Setup (Version: 19)
WebEx
WebFldrs XP (Version: 9.50.7523)
Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications (KB905474) (Version: 1.9.0040.0)
Windows Imaging Component (Version: 3.0.0.0)
Windows Internet Explorer 7 (Version: 20070813.185237)
Windows XP Service Pack 3 (Version: 20080414.031525)

========================= Memory info: ===================================

Percentage of memory in use: 60%
Total physical RAM: 1150.48 MB
Available physical RAM: 454.07 MB
Total Pagefile: 2752.97 MB
Available Pagefile: 2041.98 MB
Total Virtual: 2047.88 MB
Available Virtual: 1981.96 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================

2 Drive c: () (Fixed) (Total:74.52 GB) (Free:45.11 GB) NTFS

========================= Users: ========================================

User accounts for \\PROCESSOR

Administrator ASPNET Guest
HelpAssistant Larry Walsh SUPPORT_388945a0

========================= Minidump Files ==================================

No minidump file found

**** End of log ****

#10 LJ77

LJ77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:12 AM

Results file from ESETscan:

C:\Documents and Settings\Larry Walsh\Desktop\Drake09_FederalMS.exe probably a variant of Win32/TrojanDropper.Agent.ZVUOQB trojan deleted - quarantined
C:\DRAKE09\SBS\SBS010.DLL probably a variant of Win32/TrojanDropper.Agent.NCLLMNL trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined

Also, I have MS Security Essentials on my machine and while ESETscan was running it found and removed the following

containerfile:C:\WINDOWS\Temp\jar_cache1313403854997074759.tmp
file:C:\WINDOWS\Temp\jar_cache1313403854997074759.tmp->vukavuka.class

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,409 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:48 PM

Ok, we still may have a larger infection on here.

Your HOSTS file is infected.
Reset the HOSTS file
As this infection also changes your Windows HOSTS file, we want to replace this file with the default version for your operating system.
Some types of malware will alter the HOSTS file as part of its infection. Please follow the instructions provided in How do I reset the hosts file back to the default?

To reset the hosts file automatically,go HERE click the Posted Image button. Then just follow the prompts in the Fix it wizard.

OR
Click Run in the File Download dialog box or save MicrosoftFixit50267.msi to your Desktop and double-click on it to run. Then just follow the promots in the Fix it wizard.

RErun MINI,, I only need these now.
•List content of Hosts

•List Winsock Entries

#12 LJ77

LJ77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:03 PM

New Mini file

MiniToolBox by Farbar
Ran by Larry Walsh (administrator) on 06-12-2011 at 14:02:27
Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (X86)

========================= Flush DNS: ===================================

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

========================= IE Proxy Settings: ==============================

Proxy is not enabled.
No Proxy Server is set.

"Reset IE Proxy Settings": IE Proxy Settings were reset.
Hosts file not detected in the default directory
========================= IP Configuration: ================================

Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC = Local Area Connection (Connected)

# Interface IP Configuration
pushd interface ip

# Interface IP Configuration for "Local Area Connection"

set address name="Local Area Connection" source=dhcp
set dns name="Local Area Connection" source=dhcp register=PRIMARY
set wins name="Local Area Connection" source=dhcp

popd
# End of interface IP configuration

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : processor

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : westell.com

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : westell.com

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-17-DB-32-91

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.42

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 1:59:23 PM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, December 07, 2011 1:59:23 PM

Name: google.com
Addresses: 74.125.226.211, 74.125.226.208, 74.125.226.209, 74.125.226.212

Pinging google.com [74.125.226.210] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 74.125.226.210: bytes=32 time=21ms TTL=55

Reply from 74.125.226.210: bytes=32 time=21ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 74.125.226.210:

Minimum = 21ms, Maximum = 21ms, Average = 21ms

Name: yahoo.com
Addresses: 209.191.122.70, 72.30.2.43, 98.137.149.56, 98.139.180.149

Pinging yahoo.com [98.139.180.149] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 98.139.180.149: bytes=32 time=66ms TTL=50

Reply from 98.139.180.149: bytes=32 time=80ms TTL=49

Ping statistics for 98.139.180.149:

Minimum = 66ms, Maximum = 80ms, Average = 73ms

Name: bleepingcomputer.com
Address: 208.43.87.2

Pinging bleepingcomputer.com [208.43.87.2] with 32 bytes of data:

Ping statistics for 208.43.87.2:

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:

Interface List
0x1 ........................... MS TCP Loopback interface
0x2 ...00 16 17 db 32 91 ...... Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport
Active Routes:
Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.42 20
127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 1
192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.42 192.168.1.42 20
192.168.1.42 255.255.255.255 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 20
192.168.1.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.42 192.168.1.42 20
206.65.163.130 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.42 20
224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 192.168.1.42 192.168.1.42 20
255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.42 192.168.1.42 1
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Persistent Routes:
None
========================= Winsock entries =====================================

Catalog5 01 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog5 02 C:\Windows\System32\winrnr.dll [16896] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 03 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 01 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 02 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 03 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 04 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 05 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 06 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 07 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 08 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 09 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 10 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()
Catalog9 11 mswsock.dll [File Not found] ()

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (12/06/2011 08:21:52 AM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission) (User: )

Error: (12/05/2011 06:44:21 PM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission) (User: )

Error: (12/05/2011 06:31:36 PM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission) (User: )

Error: (12/05/2011 05:29:16 PM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission) (User: )

Error: (12/05/2011 01:24:28 PM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission) (User: )

Error: (12/05/2011 01:06:18 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Error in creating result PEAP-TLV in response to received PEAP-TLV (ping.exe!ld!)

Error: (12/05/2011 01:03:08 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Processing media-specific event for [ping.exe!ws!]

Error: (12/05/2011 11:32:54 AM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission) (User: )

Error: (12/05/2011 09:00:54 AM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission) (User: )

Description: Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt> with error: This network connection does not exist.

System errors:
=============
Error: (12/06/2011 02:00:54 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Cdrom
Imapi

Error: (12/06/2011 01:59:45 PM) (Source: 0) (User: )
Description:

Error: (12/06/2011 01:59:45 PM) (Source: 0) (User: )
Description:

Error: (12/06/2011 01:48:00 PM) (Source: Schedule) (User: )
Description: The At28.job command failed to start due to the following error:
%%2147942402

Error: (12/06/2011 01:48:00 PM) (Source: Schedule) (User: )
Description: The At27.job command failed to start due to the following error:
%%2147942402

Error: (12/06/2011 00:48:00 PM) (Source: Schedule) (User: )
Description: The At26.job command failed to start due to the following error:
%%2147942402

Error: (12/06/2011 00:48:00 PM) (Source: Schedule) (User: )
Description: The At25.job command failed to start due to the following error:
%%2147942402

Error: (12/06/2011 11:48:00 AM) (Source: Schedule) (User: )
Description: The At24.job command failed to start due to the following error:
%%2147942402

Error: (12/06/2011 11:48:00 AM) (Source: Schedule) (User: )
Description: The At23.job command failed to start due to the following error:
%%2147942402

Error: (12/06/2011 10:48:00 AM) (Source: Schedule) (User: )
Description: The At22.job command failed to start due to the following error:
%%2147942402

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================
Error: (12/06/2011 08:21:52 AM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission)(User: )

Error: (12/05/2011 06:44:21 PM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission)(User: )

Error: (12/05/2011 06:31:36 PM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission)(User: )

Error: (12/05/2011 05:29:16 PM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission)(User: )

Error: (12/05/2011 01:24:28 PM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission)(User: )

Error: (12/05/2011 01:06:18 PM) (Source: Application Error)(User: )

Error: (12/05/2011 01:03:08 PM) (Source: Application Error)(User: )

Error: (12/05/2011 11:32:54 AM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission)(User: )

Error: (12/05/2011 09:00:54 AM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission)(User: )

Description: http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txtThis network connection does not exist.

=========================== Installed Programs ============================

Acrobat.com (Version: 0.0.0)
Acrobat.com (Version: 1.1.377)
Adobe AIR (Version: 1.0.4990)
Adobe AIR (Version: 1.0.8.4990)
Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX (Version: 10.0.22.87)
Adobe Reader 9.3 (Version: 9.3.0)
Agere Systems PCI-SV92PP Soft Modem
ATI - Software Uninstall Utility (Version: 6.14.10.1014)
ATI Catalyst Control Center (Version: 1.2.2442.36724)
ATI Display Driver (Version: 8.30-060908a1-036948C-HP)
BIOS Tools
Crystal Reports 9 (Version: 1.00.0000)
Crystal Reports Basic Runtime for Visual Studio 2008 (Version: 10.5.1.0)
docuPrinter LT v6.1
docuPrinter SDK v6.1
EPSON WorkForce 500 Series Printer Uninstall
ESET Online Scanner v3
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer (Version: 1.0.0)
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer (Version: 7.2.2318.1946)
Google Update Helper (Version: 1.3.21.79)
hp LaserJet 1150 / 1300 (Version: 2.00.0000)
hp LaserJet 1160/1320 series (Version: 1.00.0000)
HP Product Detection (Version: 4.0.0013)
HP SetRefresh (Version: 1.2.1.3)
HP Software Update (Version: 2.0.38.20040107)
HPSSupply (Version: 2.2.0.0000)
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_19 (Version: 1.4.2_19)
Java™ 6 Update 17 (Version: 6.0.170)
LibTax 2006 (Version: 2006.0.42.359)
LibTax 2007 (Version: 2007.4.204.462)
LibTax 2008 (Version: 2008.0.0.176)
LibTax 2009 (Version: 2009.0.0.273)
LibTax 2010 (Version: 2010.0.0.259)
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.51.2.1300 (Version: 1.51.2.1300)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 (Version: 1.1.4322)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Security Update (KB2572067)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Security Update (KB979906)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 (Version: 2.2.30729)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 (Version: 3.2.30729)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Version: 3.5.30729)
Microsoft Antimalware (Version: 3.0.8402.2)
Microsoft Application Error Reporting (Version: 12.0.6012.5000)
Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs
Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
Microsoft Security Client (Version: 2.1.1116.0)
Microsoft Security Essentials (Version: 2.1.1116.0)
Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (LIBTAX) (Version: 9.4.5000.00)
Microsoft SQL Server Native Client (Version: 9.00.5000.00)
Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files (English) (Version: 9.00.5000.00)
Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer (Version: 9.00.5000.00)
Microsoft SQLXML 4.0 SP1 (Version: 10.0.1600.60)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Debug Redistributable (Version: 1.00.0000)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (Version: 8.0.61001)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 (Version: 9.0.30729)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 (Version: 9.0.30729.6161)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430) (Version: 4.20.9870.0)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688) (Version: 4.20.9876.0)
MSXML 6 Service Pack 2 (KB973686) (Version: 6.20.2003.0)
Online Check Printing (Version: 5.5.42.0)
PrintScreen (Version: 5.40.10.000)
REALTEK GbE & FE Ethernet PCI NIC Driver (Version: 1.02.0000)
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (Version: 5.10.0.5283)
ReportViewer (Version: 1.0.0.0)
SUPERAntiSpyware (Version: 5.0.1136)
TaxWise 2001
TaxWise 2001 WorkStation Setup
TaxWise 2003 (Version: 18.12.03)
TaxWise 2003 WorkStation Setup (Version: 1.00.000)
TaxWise 2004 (Version: 19.10.03)
TaxWise 2004 WorkStation Setup (Version: 19)
TaxWise 2005 (Version: 20.12.06)
TaxWise 2005 WorkStation (Version: 20)
TaxWise 2006 (Version: 21.11.07)
TaxWise 2006 WorkStation (Version: 21)
TaxWise 2007 (Version: 22.10.02)
TaxWise 2007 WorkStation (Version: 22)
TaxWise 2008 (Version: 23.00.20)
TaxWise 2008 WorkStation (Version: 23)
TaxWise to Drake Conversion 9.4.4 (Version: 9.4.4)
TaxWise Workstation (Version: 20)
TaxWise Workstation (Version: 21)
TaxWise Workstation (Version: 22)
TaxWise Workstation Setup (Version: 19)
WebEx
WebFldrs XP (Version: 9.50.7523)
Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications (KB905474) (Version: 1.9.0040.0)
Windows Imaging Component (Version: 3.0.0.0)
Windows Internet Explorer 7 (Version: 20070813.185237)
Windows XP Service Pack 3 (Version: 20080414.031525)

========================= Memory info: ===================================

Percentage of memory in use: 60%
Total physical RAM: 1150.48 MB
Available physical RAM: 448.92 MB
Total Pagefile: 2752.97 MB
Available Pagefile: 2099.74 MB
Total Virtual: 2047.88 MB
Available Virtual: 1977.89 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================

2 Drive c: () (Fixed) (Total:74.52 GB) (Free:44.86 GB) NTFS

========================= Users: ========================================

User accounts for \\PROCESSOR

Administrator ASPNET Guest
HelpAssistant Larry Walsh SUPPORT_388945a0

========================= Minidump Files ==================================

No minidump file found

**** End of log ****

#13 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,409 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:47 PM

Hello, although things look pretty good now,I see the possibility of a Zeroaccess rootkit in the Winsock entries...

We need a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Include a link back to this topic.

Let me know if that went well.

#14 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 33,480 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

Hello,

Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic431524.html you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users