jhayze: I don't know what happened, but it worked. I changed the settings in both IE and Firefox and now everything is fine. I think that perhaps I had the wrong settings in IE and the correct ones in Firefox(?) Or maybe that didn't make any difference. Nevertheless, I can log on to everything that requires a password.
I cannot thank you enough!! All of you guys have been wonderful. -Jodie
You may have cleared the cookies... then finally closed the browser and reopened it and that made it a success possibly.
I had the same problem with JUST Netflix. I finally fixed it by clearing ALL Netflix specific cookies and it worked right away.
Go to: TOOLS / OPTIONS / PRIVACY TAB / click on the "SHOW COOKIES" button / in the search box at the top, type "netflix" and tap enter. Click on the 1st in the list, then scroll to the bottom and HOLD SHIFT while clicking the last item in the list to select all (of course), then DELETE all those NETFLIX specific cookies there.
RESTART your web browser BEFORE giving it another shot at "just wanna see if that worked" and hopefully that will fix you right up. :-)
BTW, this is my 1st post, noob member, but I've been lurking the Bleeping Computer forums for years looking for running processes. I solved this issue myself so I just "had" to join to hopefully help someone else who has this issue. I hope I can help elsewhere as well. I am THE person in MY family that almost daily has to fix what my friends and family do to their PC's constantly. LogMeIn and Acronis Backup are my best friends.. I tell ya. In fact, to make MY life easier, I bought backup drives for every computer I support. Makes my life a hella lot easier. :-)
Edited by imtigger2, 05 March 2012 - 12:11 AM.