Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Files On My Usb Flash Drive Have Gone --please Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 canovaro

canovaro

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:48 PM

hi,

files on my usb have suddenly disappeared as i was using it. i was using my flash drive from a bus card on a laptop. I was also trying to install wireless connection on my computer, theyadvised me to save the settings on my flash drive. when i tried to open the flash drive everything disappeared. when i connect it to my desktop it shows me that the flash drive is still using space.

the steps i have taken to try too recover the files:
currently using a data recovery programme, however i the files are untitled and i can only open them if i purchase the product.. . and i am uncertain as to whether it will recover the exact files i want ( my assignments)

does anyone know what to do?
do you think i should purchase the prog?

Thanksin advance to all who looked at this

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:39 AM

These tools are free:

Smart Media Recovery

Smart FAT recovery

Smart NTFS recovery

Recovery Manager

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped, new avatar (a camel) :0)

• Members
  • 16,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:02 AM

Try the free stuff first. If you've absolutely got to spend some money - go with GetDataBack from http://www.runtime.org/
- John
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **

#4 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 02 February 2006 - 08:12 PM

Hello, I think the best thing to do is, if you think there is still data on the flashdrive and more than likely there is. Call technical suppport for the flash drive and they should be able to get you info back for you. Sometimes tech support is no good but in some instances they have little tricks that really work. If you keep folloowing advice here you may loose your info perminantly because basically all we can do is try and make a good guess. I am not trying to cut down anybody here but I know what I am saying is true. I used to work for tech support for a rather large internet company and we did have our little tricks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users