Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Won't accept Password

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 282 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

My daughter has asked me to look at her HP Laptop. She gave me the password but when I try to type it in it does not work. I've made sure that I don't have the CAPS lock on or that I misspelled the password (which I didn't in either case)

What can I do to fix this problem. I've looked at some password reset programs but am confused by them. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Edited by hamluis, 27 November 2011 - 04:34 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

Almost Retired

• Members
  • 10,003 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

My daughter has asked me to look at her HP Laptop.

Hi JazzMahn -
First, double check if your daughter has given you the correct password.
Next, can you start in safe mode at all (requires no password usually)
Finally, why has she asked you to "look" at the computer (are there problems)

Thank You -

******************************************* Waiting for a reply ??

Press F5 to Refresh as you may have one waiting************************************************

#3 JazzMahn

JazzMahn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 282 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

She wanted me to clean the computer. She thinks she has a virus on the computer. I can get into Safe Mode. I got to the sign in page in Safe Mode and entered the password she gave me. It did not work. I checked with her and that is the password she has used.

I had planned on running Malawarebytes once I got into Safe Mode to see if she indeed had a virus. As I stated, I can't get in due to the fact Windows 7 won't accept her password.

Thanks for responding. I hope you have some additional suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users