How to make a forum avatar from any picture using Microsoft Paint
This article will describe how to create a forum avatar using the free Microsoft Paint that comes with Windows.
- The image to be uploaded can not exceed 200 kb.
- The image must be one of the following file types : .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, .swf, .png. All others will be rejected.
- Paint can not edit animated .gif.
- The forum software will automatically resize your Avatar to acceptable limits, but you should edit to 100X100 pixels. This will help you stay with in the file size of 200 kb and not lose any image quality.
1) Open MS Paint. It is located as follows.. Start>Program Files>Accessories>Paint
2) From the Toolbar select File>Open>the image to be used
3) When you have opened the image that you wish to resize select Toolbar>Image>Stretch\Skew... Reduce the number in the vertical and horizontal boxes until the desired size is reached.
To increase the size increase the number above 100% to the desired size.
4) Once you have the desired size go to File>Save as.... Give the file a name and choose the file type from the drop down box. I recommend .jpg but any of the above list types will be acceptable.
Your image is now ready to upload to your Avatar Profile.