Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Music and video sound lags and stutters

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Justin_NZ

Justin_NZ

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:59 AM

Hi everyone,

About a week ago I noticed that my sound has been stuttering every 15-30seconds. It sounds a bit like a scratched record. This happens during streaming video and audio from the internet and from listening to music on my hard drive. The problem occurs through my onboard soundcard (IDT) and the external one which I use for recording (Line 6 KB37) which leads me to believe it is something more complicated that just updating the drivers (which I have done).

A friend thinks I may have damaged my hard drive while transporting my laptop but I don't recall knocking it on anything. Would a damaged hard drive affect streaming content?

It's a Dell Inspiron 1545, a couple of years old. 4GB ram, Windows 7 Home Premium x64Bit.

Anyone out there have any idea what's going on? I really need this back up and running ASAP - any help is very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Justin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lillielle

Lillielle

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

I don't actually really have any advice, but this sounds kind of familiar to me--does it happen regardless, like if you just let it play, or do you have to also do something else on the computer, as well? 'Cause I know with my computer, if I'm listening to something on, say, youtube, and I click on another internet page, it does that little stutter most of the time. I don't know why, though, so this isn't much help, sorry.
Acer Aspire 5750, Windows 7 64-bit, Intel i3 2.1GHz
"Neither the angels in heaven above nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"

#3 Justin_NZ

Justin_NZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

Thanks for the reply Lillielle,

I've just been informed of an update for Intel Storage manager which solved the problem. I don't think it's available through windows update yet, so anyone with a Dell Inspiron 1545 (or similar) should have a crack at the link below.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=2101&DwnldID=20215&lang=eng&iid=dc_rss

It's such a relief to have this working again!

Cheers,

Justin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users