Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shop to win 15

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xHikarix

xHikarix

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

It seems I couldn't get rid of Shop to win. I run MBAM and found 14 adware for shop to win but still couldn't get rid.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.2.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 8064

Windows 6.1.7600
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

11/1/2011 4:20:04 PM
mbam-log-2011-11-01 (16-20-04).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 154759
Time elapsed: 12 minute(s), 46 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 8
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 6

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{65C3061D-4456-415A-B97C-1C14099AB2FF} (Adware.ShopToWin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{A22A6CAF-AB36-4853-8818-512AB500988C} (Adware.ShopToWin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{20D40B90-E1D2-4B21-987C-6279114C7D1F} (Adware.ShopToWin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FCSB000063445.Shopping.1 (Adware.ShopToWin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FCSB000063445.Shopping (Adware.ShopToWin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{65C3061D-4456-415A-B97C-1C14099AB2FF} (Adware.ShopToWin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{65C3061D-4456-415A-B97C-1C14099AB2FF} (Adware.ShopToWin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{65C3061D-4456-415A-B97C-1C14099AB2FF} (Adware.ShopToWin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\program files\shop to win 15\shop to win 15.dll (Adware.ShopToWin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\mary\AppData\LocalLow\fcsb000063445\Toolbar\shoppingbho.dll (Adware.ShopToWin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\mary\AppData\Local\Temp\Addons\0C7EBDC0\shop2win.exe (Adware.ShopToWin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\mary\AppData\Local\Temp\Addons\0C7EBDC0\zugo.exe (PUP.Zugo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\mary\downloads\Setup.exe (Affiliate.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\mary\local settings\temporary internet files\Content.IE5\88R2FYAY\shop2win[1].exe (Adware.ShopToWin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

[edit: There's also a Weatherbug got install out of nowhere.]

Edited by xHikarix, 01 November 2011 - 05:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,026 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:47 PM

Hi xHikarix,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

Do you still need help? If so, continue to follow these instructions:

My name is Jason and I'll be helping you with your computer problems. You can call me by my screename jntkwx or Jason is fine.

Some things to remember while we are working together.

• Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!
  • Please do not attach logs or put logs in code boxes.
  • Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.
  • Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can also help.
  • Do not run anything while running a fix.
  • If you don't understand a step, please ask for clarification before continuing with any future steps.

Click on the Watch Topic button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.

Note to others: The instructions here are intended for the person who began this topic. If you need help, please create your own topic in the appropriate forum.

Is this the same computer I helped you with back in July? (see this topic)

:step1: Please download MiniToolBox and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List last 10 Event Viewer Log Errors
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go . Please put code boxes around just this entire log, like this, but without the letter x: [xcode] MiniToolBox log [/xcode]

:step2: Rerun Malwarebytes
Open Malwarebytes, click on the Update tab, and click the check for Updates button (the latest update as of this post is 8091).
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

If you have trouble updating, troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

In your next reply, please include:
  • MiniToolBox log
  • Malwarebytes log

Regards,
Jason

Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

My help is free... however, if you want to support my fight against malware, click here --> btn_donate_SM.gif <-- (every little bit helps)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users