Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

APSDaemon

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wicky

wicky

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

From everything I have been able to find out, APSDaemon is an Apple file used with the iTunes and similar applications and is needed to sync (?) these items. However, I do not have any of those apps on my computer, and am curious to know what else might require this file. Should I be concerned that it's a virus masquerading as an authentic file, or what? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

Almost Retired

• Members
  • 9,725 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

Hi wicky -
From what I find the APSDaemon app is not required if you do not want to use it for downloading iTunes etc.

(From SystemLookUp information) "This is a valid entry, but is classified as 'user's choice'.
It may not be needed, but that depends on whether the user deems it necessary."

Description:
Related to Apple Inc.Apple Application Support Daemon.
Located in \%Program Files%\Apple\Apple Application Support\ .

Thank You -

#3 wicky

wicky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

Yeah, I knew it was for Apple iTunes and i other stuff. What I don't know is how I wound up with it, since I don't use those items. But, I'll just delete it, since I don't have any iApps. Thanks.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

Almost Retired

• Members
  • 9,725 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

Hi again -
Thanks for posting back.
Someone else may have downloaded something in the past, and this could be the reason.

Happy you sorted it out now and, as I said, Thanks for the reply -

#5 wicky

wicky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:32 AM

Only user on this computer...but I could have downloaded it with some other Apple item. It is now gone, tho, so no worries. Thank you for your assistance.

#6 JcTCarl

JcTCarl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

This file is specifically to "Push" the WiFi sync to your iPhone. So if you have an iPhone and sync it via WiFi then if you disable this start-up item your iPhone will no longer sync with your computer (Wirelessly).

If you don't have an iPhone / Apple product which you sync wirelessly then you should be able to disable this item.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users