Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Illustrator clipping mask

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 maimee

maimee

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm having a small problem with Illustrator CS5.1 at the minute. Basically, I have some text that I have created outlines on and an image underneath, when I select the two together and create a clipping mask everything seems to disappear.

Example:
Posted Image

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help?

Edited by maimee, 19 October 2011 - 07:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:54 AM

My suggestion would be to post your problem at the Adobe Forums in the Illustrator section.

You can also go to Adobe "Learn Illustrator CS5" and check out the tutorials.

WinXP sp3, Chrome, Avira, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#3 Computer Attempter

Computer Attempter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:33 AM

Put the text under the picture. should work.
or use the 'draw inside' tool (select your desired picture, copy it, select your text, hit the draw inside option - found
under your colours on the panel on the left, you should have a different sort of bounding box visible, now paste your picture over the text.

hopefully this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users