How to Fully Remove Norton 2004 and newer
This guide will explain a way of completely removing Norton security programs. You may need the removal tool if the norton uninstaller that came with the product fails.
- Please download and save Norton_Removal_Tool.exe to your desktop.
- Close all programs and double click on the tool.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart the computer if asked.
- Then delete the Norton_Removal_Tool.exe tool from your desktop.
- Open the Program Files folder on your local disk ( normally C: )
- Find and delete the following folders (if present):
- Norton AntiVirus
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton SystemWorks
- Norton Personal Firewall
- Norton AntiSpam 2004 and 2005
- Norton AntiVirus 2003-2012
- Norton Ghost 2003, 9.0, 10.0, 12.0, 14.0, and 15.0
- Norton GoBack 3.1 through 4.2
- Norton Internet Security 2003 through 2012
- Norton Password Manager
- Norton Personal Firewall 2003 through 2006
- Norton SystemWorks 2003 through 2009
- Norton Confidential Online 2007
- Norton Add-on Pack 1.0 - 4.0
- Norton Save and Restore 1.0 and 2.0
- Norton 360/Security Suite/Business Suite 1.0 - 6.0
- Norton Saftey Minder 1.0
- Norton SafeWeb 3.2