Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Application failed to intialize properly (0x0000022)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gene530

Gene530

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:55 AM

Hello there i need some help with this problem, i been online for the past 24hrs and i cant seem to find a solution.

My Problem is every time i turn my laptop on right at the login screen i get explorer.exe - Application Error The Application failed to intialize properly (0x0000022). Click ok to terminate the application and i get a black sceen with the mouse.

So when i bring up Task Manager there is only about 5 or 6 Processes running, now if i try to run a new task with explorer.exe i get the same error.

But if i right click on csrss.exe or on winlogon.exe i get Perform Administrative Task if i select it the task manager closes and reopens with a whole bunch of new processes and now i am able to run a new Task with explorer.exe and i get my Desktop and every thing starts to work.

I have scanned for Virus and Malware reinstalled Service Pack, also started up in selective starup with only system services and Repairing windows form a disc, Oh and the machine boots up fine in SAFE Mode with no errors at all so can any one help me out here? thanx in advance

Acer Aspire 4730z
OS- Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 43,443 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:14 PM

Start/Run...type eventvwr.exe and hit Enter.

Take a look at errors...not info items or warnings...reflected on the Application tab.

Double-click the 3 most recent...look at the detail...post the detail here. Also post the Source and Event code listed for those three on the Application tab of EV.

Louis

#3 Gene530

Gene530
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

Thanks for the reply but i gave up and i just wiped out the machine, so you guys can closed this thanks again.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 43,443 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:49 PM

Understood, thanks for the feedback, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users