Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No internet connectivity after ZeroAccess Rootkit removal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Eggehh

Eggehh

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

Hey guys, after quite some fight against a Google Redirect/rootkit infection (See here), I managed to get more or less rid of the thing. After this, I have encountered a "c0000135 %hs is missing" BSOD just after the end of Windows loading that I corrected by modifying the registry following this helpful post.

So now my installation works properly except that no internet connection is possible. I've been trying to do it via ethernet, wifi and mobile phone tethering and it just doesn't works. No IP address displayed, even when I try to force a manual IP (normally everything is sorted out via DHCP) or flush all DHCP/DNS... infos, the diagnostic tool from Windows concludes to a possible defunct driver. I've got a clean installation of W7 x64 (same version, up to date) on another hard drive and of course, everything works well (it's from this installation that I managed to properly clean up the other one and modify the registry). Little detail : I uninstalled Zone Alarm in a not really proper way so it may be something with it too.

Thanks for helping

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 7,796 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:05 AM

I don't know what "I managed to get more or less rid of the thing" means, but you should post in the Am I Infected forum here and make sure the system is malware free.

#3 Eggehh

Eggehh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:16 AM

True, but now the most visible and clear way to see if I'm still infected is to retrieve the internet connection to see if I still have some suspect upload traffic, blocked FTP transferts and google redirections, plus it will help me to look further and easier into the infection without having to constantly reboot to try the possible fixes.

Edited by Eggehh, 20 September 2011 - 07:18 AM.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:21 AM

Please have your topic reopened. PM a moderator and ask that they reopen your topic located here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic417055.html/page__p__2393408#entry2393408

#5 Eggehh

Eggehh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:22 AM

Message sent, thanks!

#6 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:54 AM

Your original topic has been opened. Please continue in that topic. Thanks!

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 43,443 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

This topic is closed, pending outcome of your malware topic, to prevent confusion.

If it needs to be reopened after that malware topic is resolved, just send me a PM :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users