BLEEPINGCOMPUTER NEEDS YOUR HELP!
BleepingComputer is being sued by Enigma Software because of a negative review of SpyHunter.
A case like this could easily cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. If we have ever helped you in the past, please consider helping us. To learn more and to read the lawsuit, click here.
CONTRIBUTE TO OUR LEGAL DEFENSE
All unused funds will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
LET OTHERS KNOW
You can press escape or click on the X to close this box.
reseting bios on Acer Aspire One D255E
Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:18 PM
searched online and came across this link but it doesn't work for my laptop.
now my netbook doen't have warranty anymore unfortunately
i've also tried FLASHING bios from Windows 7, with no luck... i'm not sure if FLASHING is suppose to clear BIOS as well or just update it
i've gone as far as dismantling the netbook and to my dismay the CMOS battery is soldered (attached) to the board which means i have to break the solder and re-solder it back (again unfortunately i have zero soldering experience and have no intentions on trying)
i also couldn't find any information or manual on the Mainboard for the Aspire One so i couldn't even find where the likely spots for short-circuiting and cold-reseting the BIOS
i also disabled alternative booting options in BIOS
BC AdBot (Login to Remove)
Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:22 PM
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+ System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch
Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:17 AM
Forgotton Password Instructions provided by Microsoft:
- How to log on to Windows XP if you forget your password or if your password expires
- Forgotten your Windows XP Home password? - Part 3: Setting a new password as an administrator
- What to do if you forget your Windows password in Vista
- What to do if you forget your Windows password in Windows 7
Non-Microsoft Forgotton Password Guides:
- How can I reset the administrator’s password if I forgot it? Password Recovery Tools for Windows
- What can you do if you forgot your Windows XP administrator password?
- I Forgot My XP Administrator Password!
- 12 ways how to reset the Windows administrator password – Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP
- Reset Windows Vista administrator password in safe mode
- Lost Administrator Password in Windows 7 or Vista
- How to Reset a User Account Password in Vista or Windows 7
- How do I Log on to my Windows 7 computer if I forgot my password
Password Recovery Tools:
- Offline NT Password & Registry Editor (ONTPRE) - How To Recover Passwords Using ONTPRE
- Ultimate Boot CD
- Password Recovery Tools by Nirsoft
- Proactive Password Auditor
- Cain & Abel Password Recovery
- How To Reset A Forgotten Root Password With Knoppix
Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:37 PM
Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream
You can find escape inside this moment
And I will follow
Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:03 AM
Could you tell what password that you forget? Does it was BIOS Password?
yes it's BIOS password...
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users