Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compaq Presario stuck on Red Startup Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anguscat

Anguscat

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

I could not get my laptop to start today. I took out the battery to rest it. I can get it to turn on with the battery out when I plug it in but I am stuck on a red screen that has the compaq logo. In the bottom left it says Press the ESC key for Startup Menu. Nothing happens when I press ESC, I am just stuck on this screen. Any ideas?

Thsnks,
Bill

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:56 AM

Hello Anguscat,

I found this HP/Compaq link that may help you expand your testing:

Overview of How to Troubleshoot Problems When a Computer Does Not Start Up or Boot Properly - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01443371&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=4121162#N1990

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users