Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Dimension e520 Graphics issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brilldoctor

brilldoctor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:15 PM

Hi,

My 5 year old dell dimension e520 is having some graphics issues. The machine turns on and comes up with the BIOS screen

Posted Image

However the screen is full of lines which are not supposed to be there. It then carries onto the next screen which appears as normal

Posted Image

And then boots windows as normal (no graphics issues here just a bad camera!)

Posted Image

However instead of coming up with the login screen it comes up with this screen

Posted Image

And then restarts. However it is fine in safe mode.

On booting into diagnostics it shows the same issue as in the BIOS.

Posted Image

And when I run the graphics test it shows this error

Posted Image

I have a feeling that the graphics card is a geforce 7300le, and the DVI out is not working, only vga.

Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Skizzle

Skizzle

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

Have you tried new video card drivers yet? Either roll back to a previous in safe mode, or upgraded? If you could in safe mode, run me a DXDIAG and post the log.

Can be done by clicking run and typing DXDIAG and press enter. Click save all information on the bottom of the window that pops up. Save it to your desktop and post the contents here for me.

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,776 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

Easy cure, replace the video card. It has bad memory on it.

Your last image even says it.

Since it is a dell you can also hit F12 when you power it on and choose run diagnostics.

However the fact that it is showing in the first screen shot you posted where it shows Dell means it is a hardware problem. There are no drivers loaded there.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

120 @ December 3

#4 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129149

A simple replacement card.

>Michael ~ Got my Katy Perry Australian concert ticket :3 
System1: CPU- AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB Kit(4Gx2) DDR3 1600MHz, SSD/HDD- 2x Intel 520 Series 120GB RAID-0/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x Sapphire HD7970 3GB Crossfire , Motherboard- Gigabyte 990FXA-D3, Case- Coolermaster HAF 932, PSU- Corsair CS-750M, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 2700+  System2: Mid-2010 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users