Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ncnetworksdm

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 agcs

agcs

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:37 AM

I have a nasty bug in a hard drive and the system will not boot. I keep getting a blue screen ( every boot give a different blue screen code) I have attached the drive to another computer, but I can not get rid of this infection. I did run, malware bytes, avast antivirus and superantispyware and dr.cureit and it finds and moves the files, but I still get the blue screen, are we talking a wipe and reload of xp to remove this or is there a scanning tool that will remove this bug as it is a 2nd drive in a machine. Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 14 August 2011 - 10:40 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 43,443 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:39 AM

FWIW: I find it interesting...that members talk of infected systems...as if it's only one malware agent...when the infected systems I have bothered with (on behalf of friends/family) all exhibit a multitude of infectious agents.

Attaching an infected hard drive to a second system and scanning...may remove the file entries connected with malware, but it will not remove any regaistry items that may be infected. Windows won't allow the registry entries to be removed unless the system is booted into, AFAIK.

Did you try booting into safe mode (with hard drive in original system)?

I will move this to our Am I Infected forum.

Louis

#3 agcs

agcs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:31 AM

yes it starts to go into safe mode, but then just another random blue screen HELP PLEASE SOMEONE

Edited by agcs, 14 August 2011 - 11:32 AM.

#4 agcs

agcs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for all the none help folks, you can close this post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users