Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can I delete IObit Smart Defrag from Startup?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Songrose

Songrose

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

Hello,

Newbie to the forum!

I have Windows Vista Home Premium 2007. I uninstalled IObit's Smart Defrag program but it is still in my startup programs on the lower right hand corner of my screen. In fact, the program opens as normal when I click it! I know it shows as plain as day as a running process on the HijackThis log, but I can't figure out how to delete it from the Hijackthis scan because it doesn't display the process in the same way. It must be there in the scan results...why can't I see it?

Mod Edit: Wrong tool used for program removal, HJT is a malware tool, malware log inappropriate and not permitted outside of malware forums here at BC ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 05 August 2011 - 07:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 43,443 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:07 PM

Try Revo Uninstaller.

Here is how to use Revo Uninstaller:

1) First we download it from here: Revo Uninstaller Free Version. You can skip this Step if you already have it installed. However, you may need to update it. If you have it installed already, and you need to update it, go ahead and open it up and click the AutoUpdate Icon next to Help. The use of this program makes registry changes based upon what you select for removal from the Registry. Before running Revo Uninstaller please run ERUNT before proceeding to back up your registry in case you make a mistake.

2) Select the Program to remove from the list of programs and click the Uninstall button:

Posted Image

3) After selecting the program you want to remove, and confirming you want to uninstall the program, then you will want to select the Advanced Option:

Posted Image

4) Click Next. This will start the uninstaller for the application you picked. When the uninstaller is done, and it proves to be successful, and a reboot is required, then select NO and continue the below steps.

5) Follow the prompts during the uninstallation of the application. Once it closes you will be at this window:

Posted Image

6) Click Next again. Once the window is done scanning for files and other things that did not get removed, you will be presented with this window:

Posted Image

You will want to select only the bolded items, then click on Delete. If any entries-usually the last thing listed and not in bold-have a + sign click on the + until you see more bolded items. Once done, click Next.

If it asks you to delete other files, then do so, but pay attention to the warnings.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users