Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All .QBW files disappeared suddenly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wisygreen

wisygreen

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:31 PM

All my QuickBook files have suddenly disappeared. I have done multiple searches and cannot find them. I have read various threads and done the following:

1. Ran AVG Virus scan - then removed AVG antivirus - nothing found
2. Ran CCleaner: found several items and removed.
3. Ran Spybot: found nothing
4. Ran Malwarebytes: found nothing
5. Ran SUPERspyware: found nothing
5. Ran ESET online scanner: found 4 items which will post if needed.

Between each scan I shutdown and restarted computer.

Please could you help me? Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:16 PM

Hello, not sure if it is malware but DO Not run a Temp file or registry cleaner as it may eliminate them.
Yes post the ESET log.

Lets try this.
There is an infection family that will also hide some/all the files on your computer from being seen. To make your files visible again, please download the following program to your desktop:

UnHide

Once the program has been downloaded, double-click on the Unhide.exe icon on your desktop and allow the program to run. This program will remove the +H, or hidden, attribute from all the files on your hard drives. If there are any files that were purposely hidden by you, you will need to hide them again after this tool is run.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#3 wisygreen

wisygreen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

C:\Users\Decorating Den\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\1\60a9d341-1d50f86f multiple threats
C:\Users\Decorating Den\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\16\19c3e690-2c99331b multiple threats
C:\Users\Decorating Den\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\61\3d5ab33d-2fba8e6e multiple threats
C:\Users\Decorating Den\Downloads\WhiteSmokeInstaller_9128.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.A application

I tried to run unhide but the link is broken - it went to a 404 error page.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:13 PM

Unhide.exe
How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users