Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to remove $Recycle.bin virus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wor

wor

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:40 AM

everytime i clicked on a folder a window pops up saying "do you want to delete this folder". what could be the problem. please suggest.

Edit: Moved topic from Win 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 7,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:24 AM

You need to provide a LOT more information about your problem. The title of the thread and your less than in-depth question don't make much sense.
Admin, Tweaks.com Forums

#3 wor

wor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

hi Allan,
i'm sorry for getting back to you late, its because i did not encounter the problem which i mentioned it in my earlier post for a brief period of time but it has come back to haunt me, so please help. my problem is that whenever i left click on my drive partition (for example C. Drive or D.Drive icon) a window pops out which read "Do you want to Delete $Recycle Bin.exe. this is the same for folders just a single left click on the folders, a mini window will pop out which read "do you want to delete this Folder". so could this be virus or is it my keyboard problem. and my second problem is whenever i place the cursor in the beginning on the address bar it automatically delete the website address. so please suggest.

#4 helpmeohgodhelpme

helpmeohgodhelpme

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:09 PM

That sounds like a keyboard problem. Try a different keyboard and see if it goes away. Also, with your current keyboard, open notepad, type some stuff and move your cursor to the start. Does it delete the text you just typed? If so it's 99.9% definitely a keyboard problem.

Hope I helped!
-- Matthew

#5 w3rt

w3rt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:01 AM

I have the same virus.. I was copying a movie from an external HDD and accidentally clicked on a folder like icon but it was an application file. now, all of my files in each drives have a duplicated folder like icon but it was an application.. anyone knows this virus or malware? any help on this pls?

#6 Koetsu

Koetsu

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:25 AM

I have the same virus.. I was copying a movie from an external HDD and accidentally clicked on a folder like icon but it was an application file. now, all of my files in each drives have a duplicated folder like icon but it was an application.. anyone knows this virus or malware? any help on this pls?

Sounds similar to what I have, only I have none of the symptoms like the hidden recycle bin. Does the folder icon look like a windows 7 folder with a brown thing inside with a paper?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users