Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Find Out How Many Gigabytes I Have Available

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ridey06

ridey06

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:42 PM

My computer came with 80GB hard drive and 512MB RAM. I looked up the dxdiag and it doesn't say anything about GB. I just need to know how much space I have left. I have ran disk clean up, disk defragmenter, I have deleted all music files, old programs, & old pics. What is the page file? What memory does that use? Cause it's tellin me that I only have 929 MB available. I bought 4 new games that I would like to install but they require 2500MB to run them. I've only had the computer for 11 months and don't really have alot on it. So how do I find out how many GB I have left. Thanks :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tom385

tom385

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 11 January 2006 - 12:18 AM

I am assumeing you are running XP. To find out how much disc space you have. Open my computer the right click your C. drive and select properties. That will show how much space is available.
Did you clear out all of your restore points on your system restore ? That comes after you select disc clean up, their is more options on the right. Go all the way to the bottom and select, System restore clean up.
Also have you run a cheek disk ? Open my computer, right click, properties, tools, top box error checking, check now, put a tic in the top box. The next time you restart the computer it will do a CHKDSK.
After that defrag your drive.
Hope this helps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users