Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirection Virus, For ALL Search Engines

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 iiixlovexyuhh

iiixlovexyuhh

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:14 PM

Okay so I'm freaking out here because my search engine is 9/10 redirecting! I've used google, yahoo, and even msn. When that didn't work I went to Opera, and I was still being redirected. Thankfully, as long as I type the webpage I want to go to on top like, www.bleepingcomputer.com instead of going on google, it takes me wherever I want to go. Or I only search it up on the search engine and hit "catch". Its worked for a few days but I've noticed my computer isn't as fast as it used to be.

I have ran Microsoft Security Essentials, MBAM, Spybot Search & Destroy, and CCleaner. I have no clue of what else to do. By the way this is my first time posting, sorry if I did something wrong!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,423 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

Hello, first I am moving this to the Am I Infected forum as a DDS log is required here.

Avoid any Reg and Temp file cleaners for now.

Please run this tool How to remove Google Redirects Posy it's log,,,
A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.

Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#3 iiixlovexyuhh

iiixlovexyuhh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:05 PM

Sorry! Actually, I'm not very smart at all in computer stuff so I don't know what DDS log stands for, even less what it means.

For the TDSSKiller I ran a scan but it found nothing.

I Reran MBAM. This is the log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.0.1200
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 6935

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

6/23/2011 9:59:59 PM
mbam-log-2011-06-23 (21-59-59).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 244577
Time elapsed: 42 minute(s), 58 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\cleanddm (Trojan.Qhost.CD) -> Value: cleanddm -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

--- I still continue to get redirected.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,423 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

It all OK, sorry I forget myself ,that not everyone knows what DDS is. If this step doesn't stop the redirect ,we''ll get a personal experience with it.

Reset the HOSTS file
As this infection also changes your Windows HOSTS file, we want to replace this file with the default version for your operating system.
Some types of malware will alter the HOSTS file as part of its infection. Please follow the instructions provided in How do I reset the hosts file back to the default?

To reset the hosts file automatically,go HERE click the Posted Image button. Then just follow the prompts in the Fix it wizard.

OR
Click Run in the File Download dialog box or save MicrosoftFixit50267.msi to your Desktop and double-click on it to run. Then just follow the promots in the Fix it wizard.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....

#5 iiixlovexyuhh

iiixlovexyuhh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

I ran the fix-it wizard. Then I restarted my computer. I continue to get redirected.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,423 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

Are you on a router and are others on it,if so do they redirect also?

#7 iiixlovexyuhh

iiixlovexyuhh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

We share the router, but no, I'm the only one who gets redirected.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,423 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

Your router is hijacked by trojan DNS-hijacker.

• Please read this: Malware Silently Alters Wireless Router Settings

• Then reset your router to it's factory default settings:

"If your machine has been infected by one of these Zlob/DNSchanger Trojans, and your router settings have been altered, I would strongly recommend that you reset the router to its default configuration. Usually, this can be done by inserting something tiny like a paper clip end or pencil tip into a small hole labeled "reset" located on the back of the router. Press and hold down the small button inside until the lights on the front of the router blink off and then on again (usually about 10 seconds)"

• This is the difficult part.
    First get to the routers server. To do that open Internet Explorer and type http:\\192.168.1.1 in the address bar and click Enter. You get the log in window.
    Fill in the password you have already found and you will get the configuration page.
    Configure the router to allow you to connect to your ISP server. In some routers it is done by a setup wizard. But you have to fill in the log in password your ISP has initially given to you.
    You can also call your ISP if you don't have your initial password.
    Don't forget to change the routers default password and set a strong password. Note down the password and keep it somewhere for future reference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users