Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

starting rkill

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 millerdentistry

millerdentistry

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:34 AM

Hi. Thanks to everyone on bleeping computer. I've used it for help many times but can't seem to find the answer to what I think is a simple question. So sorry if this is basic, but I just can't get rkill to run. I'm having problems with windows recovery virus and I'm trying to run rkill from dos prompt in safe mode. I downloaded it onto a flash drive on a clean computer, now how do I start it on the infected computer?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 millerdentistry

millerdentistry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:48 AM

ok, I found it on the flash drive, now I just need the command to start it from the flash drive. Thanks

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,447 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:37 AM

You simply double click the icon.

Remember that RKill is not a scanner.
What it does is to remove malware from memory so that other tools like Malwarebytes can run.
See removal instructions here
You will also need to download unhide.exe from the link

DO NOT run any temporary file cleaners such as CCleaner or clean out your temprary internet files.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 millerdentistry

millerdentistry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:15 AM

there is no icon, all I have is the dos prompt. Is there a dos prompt command that I can use to get it to run. Like "run rkill.exe" or something like that. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users