Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avg And Spybot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 violet

violet

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:14 AM

Hi i hope someone can help,for some reason I'm unable to remove AVG,i want to use a different product,says a certain file is missing Herers what it says:nstaller initialization failed due to following error:
Error: Initialization of the language file "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\setup.lns" failed.
General failure.Okay i figured out Spybot just need to understand why i cant remove AVG? Help would be appriciated.Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:56 AM

Were you uning the Window uninstaller or AVG's uninstaller?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 violet

violet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:17 PM

Perhaps i am paranoid ,i went to add and remove program,clicked remove it said uninstall failed?

#4 Jubo

Jubo

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 09 January 2006 - 02:56 AM

At the Grisoft it says:

How to uninstall AVG?
Click on Start > All Programs > AVG Anti-virus 7 > Uninstall AVG Anti-virus for Windows.

If you experience any problems with the uninstallation procedure, please follow the steps below:

• Download the latest installation file of AVG from Downloads-Programs
  • After downloading, run this file and choose the Uninstall Product option in the Select Setup Type dialog.
  • Finish the uninstall process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users