Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Increase data entry speed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 grg.clny

grg.clny

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:31 PM

Part of my job requires that I do data entry. My typing speed is usually between 30 and 40 words per minute.
I keep practicing and I am having a hard time getting faster. I have to enter addresses and phone numbers, so I am trying to
learn to use the number keypad. I originally learned the numbers by using the ones above the letters, but I am not very fast with those either. I copy and paste as much as I can. I have used Mavis Beacon and some other online typing lesson. Any suggestions would be great.
I almost feel like I have some kind of mental block that keeps me from getting faster.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:09 PM

I dont know if this will help but you might consider an ergo keyboard.
My typing skills arent the best in the world either and I have a very unorthodox typing technique.
I used an ergo keyboard years ago and once I got used to the idea of not moving your hands I could really go on it.

Something to think about.
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users