Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File Not Found in AutoRun Lists

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kitkatt1216

kitkatt1216

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

Hello!

I've been having a lot of problems with my computer at start up, and with it randomly turning off and then not starting back up. When I stumbled across your program to check the autoruns at startup, I decided to give it a try to see if something in there might be causing some of my issues.

There are a few files/programs listed in there that show an image path of "File Not Found".

I can only find one of these files in searching the database, and it showed a yes. The file name for this one is rdpclip. Could this be part of my issue? If so, how would I go about correcting the problem?

The other missing files I can not find in the database. I was hoping someone could help me figure out if they are critical, and if so, how to get them back. These files are:

ipinip.sys , with a description as IP in IP tunnel driver

nwinkflt.sys , description IPX traffic filter driver

nwinkfwd.sys , IPX traffic forwarder driver

symim.sys , no description but listed two separate times with symim and symimmp for the title

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Bleep Bleep!

• Admin
  • 40,517 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:12 PM

All of those drivers are legitimate and should not be removed.

#3 kitkatt1216

kitkatt1216
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

I wasn't intending to remove them. I have been having major issues with windows. All files are listed with a path of "file not found". Since many issues seems to be at start up or restart, I was looking to see if this could be my issue and how to fix it.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

I'm Fishin'

• Members
  • 10,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:20 AM

Since many issues seems to be at start up or restart, I was looking to see if this could be my issue and how to fix it.

If you are having startup and maybe infection problems, please post in the Malware area so that the Experts can assist you -

EDIT - This applies more if you are not sure of any items to remove and how to identify these -

Edited by noknojon, 31 July 2011 - 03:22 AM.

#5 Minh Triet Pham Tran

Minh Triet Pham Tran

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

I wasn't intending to remove them. I have been having major issues with windows. All files are listed with a path of "file not found". Since many issues seems to be at start up or restart, I was looking to see if this could be my issue and how to fix it.

File not found in Autoruns means that the item is meant to autostart, but the referenced file can not be located. So, the item will not autostart. Also, Autoruns will not be able to display additional details about the item that was meant to autostart.
You should not delete those "File Not Found" entries unless you know exactly what removing these entries may do.
Although the referenced files can not be located, certain registry entries may be there in the expectation that perhaps someday the functionality will be required.

Edited by Minh Triet Pham Tran, 08 January 2012 - 12:19 PM.

If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology. Bruce Schneier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users