Anyone seen this Firefox message?
Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:28 PM
Before, I had gotten several messages that "something was preventing Firefox from getting an update." I would go to see the latest update. And I was current.
Anyone seen these messages?
Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:43 PM
I would still scan with MBAM.
Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
Download Link 1
Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.
Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security
Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:39 PM
Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:47 PM
and here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=653830
Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:07 PM
Thanks for the links,Broni. Other people have the same problem, and the forum is working on a solution.
How do you create a new profile?
Edited by Konadan, 09 May 2011 - 02:28 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users