Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

error code 0x80070424 defender

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mikeeeva

mikeeeva

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:19 PM

how to fix
error code 0x80070424 defender

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,708 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:13 AM

80070424 usually means that the BITS service (required by Windows Update) is
not running.

Type services.msc in the start search box, click on the icon. When the window opens, right click on Bitlocker, choose properties and set it to manual. Make sure its started.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2014
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 viking22

viking22

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:34 PM

I have same problem as jacee.
I checked mine per your instructions, and my bitlocker is already set to manual.

#4 viking22

viking22

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:45 AM

Seeing as though there alot of interest in this topic, if you like you can follow along here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic392365.html/page__p__2214281__fromsearch__1#entry2214281

as "boopme" is helping me through this. :whistle: Hopefully!!

#5 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Brooklyn Born Bleeper

• Members
  • 1,775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:31 PM

80070424 usually means that the BITS service (required by Windows Update) is
not running.

Type services.msc in the start search box, click on the icon. When the window opens, right click on Bitlocker, choose properties and set it to manual. Make sure its started.

Hey viking, just reviewing this thread to look for clues.:P Jacee's instructions quoted above instruct you to check the service Bitlocker to enable B.I.T.S. This is incorrect, I think. BITS is the Background Intelligent Transfer Service. in services.msc. Check to see if this service is started & set to at least manual or auto (delayed start) ...your call, mine is set to Auto-Delayed.

Thug.

As long as there's no find, the noble brotherhood will last but when the piles of gold begin to grow... that's when the trouble starts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users