Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Receiving warning "WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped." in Event Viewer each time I diagnose wireless connection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 magnumforce2006

magnumforce2006

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

I'm having problems connecting some devices (android apps) to my computer via my wi-fi. I am usually able to solve the problem by running network diagnostics, but after awhile, I'll start having network connectivity problems again.

Whenever I run diagnostics in these situations, this error is shown in Event Viewer

"WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped.

Module Path: C:\Windows\system32\athihvs."

I also receive the error (in event viewer) on a fairly regular basis:

"Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x2225D3CC6415. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server."

I have checked, and my router and WLAN card drivers are both up to date.

I'm wondering if these errors are what is causing my app to lose connection, and what I could do to solve the problems. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:31 AM

It may have more to do with the firmware for your wireless adapter than it has to do with the drivers.
Check your PC or laptop manufacturer's website for a firmware update for the wireless adapter.

If they don't have one, check the wireless adapter manufacturer's website instead.

#3 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,708 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

Is Module Path: C:\Windows\system32\athihvs the complete path, or is there a .dll file included in this path?

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2014
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#4 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,708 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:10 PM

Run an online Anti-virus scan, to make sure you don't have Malware.
http://eset.com/onlinescan

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2014
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#5 magnumforce2006

magnumforce2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:10 AM

Is Module Path: C:\Windows\system32\athihvs the complete path, or is there a .dll file included in this path?

The complete path is Module Path: C:\Windows\system32\athihvs.dll

Edited by magnumforce2006, 19 April 2011 - 12:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users