Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Real player download button missing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BarryClifford

BarryClifford

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

Hi,since auto update IE9 was installed,and uninstalled back to IE8 (caused compatability problems) real player option download button does not appear,i can usually use this to download any video from the net(ie youtube)I have checked all the usual boxes are ticked (tools>internet options>programs>manage add-ons>enabled.)I thought it might have been the flash player,(Uninstalled and reinstalled)because when you right click the video usually theres an option to download to real player,but theres just the flash player controls! can anyone help please! Baz much apprieciated :wacko:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:50 PM

Try a different browser. I use Chrome and the Real Player button appeared when I was on Youtube and other sites this morning. It could be an IE bug.

#3 BarryClifford

BarryClifford
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:18 AM

Hi thanks for that,but i was hopeing to get some technical advise,i could uninstall Real player,but i don't want to lose all my play lists and downloaded files i already have!(Just upgraded to latest Real player 14,it still has the same dowload button settings) i might have to anyway!Someone has tried another browser in a different forum but still the same,and i've done the usual checks,Bleeping computers have never let me down,the guys here are the best on the net!so i know they will show me the way to do it.regards Baz.(One thing is since installing Real player 14,it didnot install over the top or remove,i don't think! Real player 11,has i have two real player short cuts,but they both activate Real player 14)It looks like i might have to remove it completely,just need your advise boys and girls! :whistle: :whistle:

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:27 AM

Maybe the new version of Real Player isn't compatible with IE9. I don't know. Since what you asked about works for me using a different browser, I can only assume it's a browser problem.

#5 BarryClifford

BarryClifford
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:26 AM

Hi Frank,If you read my comments i have switched back to IE8,because i couldn't even open a page with IE9.I wish i'd never installed the upgrade in the first place!Is there anybody there that has experienced this problem,i'm shure i'm not the only one since the introduction of IE9,Frank can you ask one of your colleagues please! cheers Baz. :wacko: :crazy:

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:11 AM

Are you married to IE? Use a different browser and see if it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users