Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rkill Error message

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 captain amazing

captain amazing

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

the 'Vista Total Security' malware has basically debilitated my sisters laptop.
Very little, if anything at all, will open. While Rkill will run, I get this message before it closes --

" sed.exe: can't read c:\users\anna\appdata\local\temp\rks1.log: no such file or directory "

and after that it doesn't terminate any of the malware keeping me from using MalwareBytes and Superantispyware.
The same goes for trying it in safemode....

Any help at all would be great!

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 33,205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

Hello,

You have a duplicate of this topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic388936.html I know the wait is frustrating, but you should be getting a reply within the next day or so. We're almost up to you.

To avoid confusion, I'm closing this topic.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users