Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

heuristics.shuriken

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rjosro

rjosro

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

hello, so interestingly enough, i came up with the wonderful virus heuristics.shuriken today....normally itd be no big deal, and i would just remove it..but when i ran malwarebytes, and clicked the remove button (cant remember what it says) it got partway through the removal, then bluescreened me...i also cannot close the malicious processes (several) because they are registered as vital system processes and closing them results in a restart. I tried running rootkit unkooker, but im using a 64 bit os and i recently learned that rootkit removers dont generally work with 64 bit operating systems... so i got the error "error loading driver NSTATUS code: C000036B...i am at a loss for what to do sans reformating....

p.s. sorry. i wasnt sure where to put this

p.p.s. loading a program like rkill also results in a Bsod

Edited by rjosro, 07 April 2011 - 11:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rjosro

rjosro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:38 PM

bump....i just noticed another one thats quite serious

"stolen.data"

this is basically a notepad of every single thing i do on my computer, and i can imagine this is constantly being sent back to the virus holder

#3 jamie1509

jamie1509

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

I also have heuristics shuriken, I need to know how to remove it. It moves my mouse for me and as it just did in this post erased half of it. It just feels like I have a ghost in my pc. I know it sounds funny but I will hit one key and it will change the letter right in front of my face, will completely returning my pc to factory get rid of it? I am to this point, just can not take anymore, it has even changed words on my F/B account!!!!!! HELP

#4 noknojon

noknojon

Aussie Addict

• Members
  • 8,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

Hello jamie -

The following line is quoted by one of Malwarebytes top researchers (about 2-3 years ago).

In Malwarebytes, by default "Enable advanced heuristics engine". (Heuristics.Shuriken) is checked.

It will only help your computer to find problems, and in a scan, it may remove the problem.

If you find it is too "active or severe" on your infections, please see below -

Open your version of Malwarebytes, and go > (along the top) Settings > Scanner Settings > Untick the bottom item on the Left side > Enable advanced heuristics engine (Heuristics.Shuriken).

This is merely a part of the program that finds items that May be infections.

It is in no way an infection, but it Finds "Suspect infections" and Quarantines them for you

This now operates in several other Antivirus and Antimalware programs.

Without knowing your full security setup, this is a quick answer -

Thank You -

Thank You -

- Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium Toshiba Laptop - Avant and user of Internet Explorer Browsers  - And I Use GOOGLE-

~ Remember to Press F5 as you may already have an answer waiting for you ..... If not .....The answer is always 42, or Reboot ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users