Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspire One won't boot, can't flast bios!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lbbastian

lbbastian

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:45 PM

Hello!

I have an Acer Aspire One, that doesn't boot into Windows or into Safe Mode. I have tried to Flash the Bios as explained on many other sites, but I can't get that to run. I have also tried to F8 to Repair Computer option, but I do not get Repair Computer as an option. I'm stumped! When I restart it, it gives me the option to run in Safe Mode, if I do that it gets hung up on file: amdagp.sys. If I start normally it gets stuck on the Windows start screen. Help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:32 PM

F8 is to access Safe Mode, Alt-F10 is used to access the Acer Recovery partition. See this link on the Acer website. I'm not sure why you were trying to flash the BIOS as that most likely wouldn't fix your boot problem.

Edited by strolln, 30 March 2011 - 07:34 PM.

To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

#3 lbbastian

lbbastian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:47 AM

Other websites had mentioned something about updating the bios and went through a whole tutorial on how to do it. SO I thought it was worth a try, nothing else had seemed to work so I figured it couldn't make the problem any worse. ;) Unfortunately I forgot to mention in my original post that ALT+F10 doesn't work either. I have tried it numerous times and it just takes me to the: "We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully...." page. Then I have to choose to "Start Normally" or in "Safe Mode", it's a vicious cycle.

Any other thoughts???

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 7,832 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:01 AM

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users