Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Create A System Restore Disc(s) (Cannot do a System Recovery)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sploog321

Sploog321

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:30 PM

I want to have a Factory Reset of my computer. In order to launch a System Recovery, I need to create Restore Discs. When I launch the Recovery Disc Creation, it says:

"This computer does not have a burning drive, which is required to make DVDs. Please contact HP Support for asistance."

My computer did not come with a build in CD Drive. Even plugging in a USB CD Drive will not make creating the discs possible. So. I ask you. How can I reset my computer to Factory Condition?

---

Computer Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit)

Model: HP Pavillion dm3 Notebook PC

edit: This notebook came with a Recovery Partition built in. Maybe it can help?

Edited by Sploog321, 21 March 2011 - 10:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 36,325 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:34 PM

At HP logo press F11.
It should give you an access to recovery partition.

I'd also call HP to obtain recovery DVDs.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Sploog321

Sploog321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:09 AM

Pressing F11 only boots me into the Recovery Manager which won't let me do a System Recovery because it says I need the discs to do it. I do not see anything regarding the recovery partition.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 43,787 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:56 AM

You might take a look...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01612373&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=4093794

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01890478&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=4093794

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01895783&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=4093794

More HP System Recovery Info

Louis

#5 Sploog321

Sploog321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:46 PM

None of the links seem to help me except the 2nd one and the last one, but I do not have a 16GB USB flash drive in order to make a Recovery on the Flash Drive.

The last link has some interesting information:

---
My PC does not have a DVD drive.
Most mini notebooks do not have an optical disc drive. You can connect an extern USB hard drive or optical drive, to back up and restore files. And you can create a bootable recovery disc on a 16 GB USB flash drive. See Creating a Recovery Disk on a USB Flash Disk.

I lost my recovery discs

If you lost your disc, or did not make a disc before the hard drive crashed, or if the recovery manager program on the recovery partition does not work, just contact HP to order a replacement recovery disc. You can order the disc on-line, or you can click Contact HP on the top of this web page and call your HP support agent. You will need both the Product Number and the Serial Number of the computer to purchase a replacement disc.
---

I'm confident there is a way to utilize the Recovery partition somehow...

Edited by Sploog321, 22 March 2011 - 09:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users