BLEEPINGCOMPUTER NEEDS YOUR HELP!
BleepingComputer is being sued by Enigma Software because of a negative review of SpyHunter.
A case like this could easily cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. If we have ever helped you in the past, please consider helping us. To learn more and to read the lawsuit, click here.
CONTRIBUTE TO OUR LEGAL DEFENSE
All unused funds will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
LET OTHERS KNOW
You can press escape or click on the X to close this box.
"search.babylon" on my Google toolbar: How serious is it?
Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:22 PM
Everytime I click on my Firefox or I.E icon, I'm being taken to a page that looks like one of Google's. However, at the top, the URL says "search.babylon.com".
When I do a search, it is not taking me to Google's results pages. Instead, I have to search for Google and then Google what I want.
This is wasting a lot of time. I gave my computer to a repair shop. Even they haven't removed it.
I deleted everything with the title "bablylon" on my hard drive. Also, I have done the same thing to all the Google toolbar files I have found since this babylon problem arose.
What I want to know is:
Is this a serious problem? Last Sunday, shortly after this babylon problem, I 'lost' my hard drive.
I would really appreciate your help.
I thank you in advance.
BC AdBot (Login to Remove)
Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:31 PM
Did you install Babylon Translation software??
Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
Download Link 1
Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.
Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Run TFC by OT (Temp File Cleaner)
Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link
Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.
BleepingComputer is being sued by the creators of SpyHunter. Help us defend our right of Free Speech!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users