Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All browsers have gone security crazy

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 arizonaredhead

arizonaredhead

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:54 PM

Ever since I rebuilt my computer last week, (new board, processor, graphics card, power supply and case) all three of my browsers have gone security crazy. No matter what site I go to, even my bank, I get the "This site has a bad certificate, it is not recommended that you proceed, blah, blah, blah". And, every page has the little yellow bar at the top that says, "I.E. has stopped this site from loading content that may be harmful (blah, blah) click here for option. Even when I allow the content to load sometimes it still does not display correctly. The crazy thing is, it is all three browsers, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari. Oh, this is my desktop running Windows XP SP3.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 34,720 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:55 PM

Make sure your computer date and time are correct.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 arizonaredhead

arizonaredhead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:37 AM

One of the first things I did once this pc was online was to sync with the server. But just to be redundant, I went to control panel/date and time/time zone and sync-ed again. No, that did not work. Are you sure you are a Bleeping Computer advisor? I have been to this site before and had non-advisors try to play like they are the real thing.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 34,720 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:25 PM

Are you sure you are a Bleeping Computer advisor?

Hmmm...last time I checked...

What is the EXACT error message?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 27,096 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

Are you sure you are a Bleeping Computer advisor? I have been to this site before and had non-advisors try to play like they are the real thing.

Thats not possible. Look under Broni's Avatar and you'll see his member group is a green color and listed as BC Advisor. Members are not able to modify their member group to impersonate another group or staff. Another place to check is on the main forum page at the bottom is a legend of all the different colors and their member group designation. If you click on the BC Advisors green color it will take you to a list of all the Advisors member names.

If you suspect a member is acting as a Bleeping Computer staff member fraudulently, send me a PM and I will verify that members status for you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 arizonaredhead

arizonaredhead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:40 PM

Here is what I get when I try to navigat to any page, that means ones that I have already bookmarked and ones I get from a search (Google) even when I type the address directly into the address bar. Although I did get a surprise when I went to my work email by typing http://calendar,smarthealth.com, it went directly to the sign in page, but after I signed in got pages that had the yellow bar across the top warning of blocked content, click here for options, blah, blah.

(Big red shield with an "x" in it)There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not valid.

Security certicficate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or to intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

(green shield with white check) Click here to close this webpage

(red shield with white X) Continue to this website (not recommended)

(circle with down pointing arrow) More information

#7 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 34,720 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:00 PM

Thank you.

Now, let me know, what is the error message, when you use Firfox.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#8 arizonaredhead

arizonaredhead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:04 PM

This is pissing me off. I am trying to upload screenshots, but your site wont let me.

The firefow page has a yellow icon of a guy with a book or something,

THIS CONNECTION IS UNTRUSTED

You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to ecampus.phoenix.edu, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely,
sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

(arrow)TECHNICAL DETAILS

(arrow)I UNDERSTAND THE RISKS

There is also a button that says "Get me out of here"

#9 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 34,720 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:17 PM

Something is wrong.
Boot to BIOS and see, if your computer date is correct there.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#10 arizonaredhead

arizonaredhead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:38 PM

Date and time in the BIOS are correct. Going to bed now. I'll try to pick this up again in the morning before I leave for vacation. Thanks for helping, I sent you a tip via PayPal.

#11 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 34,720 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:43 PM

Thank you :)

Next thing, I'd like you to try is to restart in Safe Mode with Networking and see, if you have same issue there.

My bed time too.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#12 arizonaredhead

arizonaredhead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:10 PM

Same exact problem in Safe Mode/Networking. Going out of town til Sunday, so I'll pick this up Sunday night. Have a good weekend!:dance:

#13 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 34,720 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:58 PM

I'm pretty much stumped here.
I'd probably start a new topic in "Am I Infected?" forum to see, if your computer is clean.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#14 master131

master131

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:19 AM

I've seen this problem before on my friend's laptop. The only way to fix the problem was a reformat I believe.

Edited by master131, 18 March 2011 - 06:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users